Thread: How long did it take you to produce your first track?

How long did it take you to produce your first track?

How much time and effort is needed for you to get really good at it in like 6 months?

Is a training course reccomended or can you just go by youtube videos?

Why do you need to learn so fast? - Really good?

There are courses you can take and you tube to watch but untimely the tracks come from you and your creativity.

Like anything worth doing in this world it takes time.

I saw your other post about tracks to get gigs. How long have you been DJing?

There is no time limit on becoming good. Some people take a lot longer then others to create something. Just start somewhere and learn everything you can. Create as many song as possible. Your first one most likely isn’t going to be any good. Just learn from everything you do. With that, you will become better.

Quote Originally Posted by djnotapplicable View Post
    Why do you need to learn so fast? - Really good?

There are courses you can take and you tube to watch but untimely the tracks come from you and your creativity.

Like anything worth doing in this world it takes time.

I saw your other post about tracks to get gigs. How long have you been DJing?
    I just think at the age of 37 is a bit late lol i don't want to be dj grandpa haha

I used to dj on a pirate radio station in my early 20s by the name of silk city fm, my time as a dj then never really took off and i gave up, so now i've recently returned to the decks and i love it, it is all i want to do and make up for lost time

How long did it take you to produce your first track?

Quote Originally Posted by djmiracle View Post
    I just think at the age of 37 is a bit late lol i don't want to be dj grandpa haha
    Ya think 37 is LATE???😄 I STARTED after I retired and have been DJing for nearly 5 years. People only call you DJ Grandpa if you act like DJ Grandpa.😄 However, I don’t do teen events because I do think having a DJ old enough to be their grandpa is a little creepy.😄
    Last edited by DJ Bobcat; 03-19-2019 at 10:37 AM.

It is like any skill which is complex. How good you are is relative to how good other people are. Whatever the profession is, you will always be competing with people who trained for years or even decades. In music production and most things I would say after a few months you should be able to create something decent if you have some talent and dedication. But unless you are a genius it will probably be a year or 2 before everyone will say wow you are "really good."
    There are 2 things to learn, the software and also training your mind to create music. So it also depends on your general software skills and natural music ability.

I would start with Youtube. There may be some good courses but a lot might not be and they can also cost a lot.

It didn't take that long as my natural musical skills were very high. I had my abilities intagrated by birth.