Thread: Attaching tabletop facade?

Attaching tabletop facade?

Thinking of building a tabletop façade. Do any of you use any means of attaching the façade to the table? Seems they could get bumped and moved pretty easy.

Why not just build a DJ booth?
    Three sheets of plywood, hinges, and some speaker/sub carpet.

Or pipes and fabric.
    6:55
    But the number of US Supreme Court judges was always 6.
    Then it was 5, then 6, then 7, then 9, then 10, then 7, and then 9.

I dont think a table top facade would be appealing to me. I think the over all design of a facade is not only to hide the equipment but all the cables etc too, so it needs to sit on the floor & come up above the table top.
    1) Contract, Contract, Contract!

2) Join VIP & support DJF: http://www.djforums.com/forums/payments.php

Attaching tabletop facade?

Mine is not a table-top, nor is it a conventional facade. I call it a floating facade because it attaches to my rack, so when I roll the rack, it goes wherever the rack goes.

Attaching a table-top facade could be accomplished with the same simple concept, though. I’ll explain.

At the bottom of my rack, there’s a slider that pulls out and it has a length of U-Channel attached...

On the bottom of my (folding) floating facade, there’s a piece of square tubing attached, which slides into and fits snugly in the U-Channel...

In my case, because it’s tall, I have another slider up in the top section of my rack, which has a latch that locks onto the upper section of the floating facade (the upper slider also houses my 4 wireless mic antennas)...

When it’s done it looks like this...

When I setup at a venue, I hook up all my gear (cables and cords), and the facade is attached last.

In your situation, you could screw the U-Channel to the edge of your table, then use a couple of pins to secure the facade to the U-Channel/table.
    Last edited by DJ Bobcat; 03-15-2019 at 03:46 PM.