Thread: Trouble recording with xone px5

Trouble recording with xone px5

Hey,

I am unable to record a mix with Xone px5 at the moment because it keeps recording the signal regardless if the channel fader is up or down.... So basically when I have a song on and the channel fader is down it is still generating a signal
    that also gets recorded....

Any help would be hugely appreciated.

TV
    You can find my stuff on www.djtechnoviking.tumblr.com Includes dropbox folder with all my mix !

The reason why it is recording both channels is because of the way your computer is using the USB input from the mixer. The soundcard in the mixer manages all the sound data for all channels. You are taking the data from the soundcard from all channels and recording it. It will take learning how to set up the mixer soundcard correctly with your recording software (what are you using?) to get it to work correctly. Your mixer/soundcard and software will have to be set up to record the mix bus from your mixer (I have no idea if this is even possible, you will probably have to read the manual).

In the short term the easiest way to resolve your issue is to take the "master 2" RCA output from your mixer using a RCA to 3.5mm cable, plug it into the line input on your computer (you may also have to set up the computer soundcard input to "line" rather than "mic") and record into some program like Audacity.
    Last edited by pete; 10-15-2017 at 05:30 AM.
    bored, curious, deaf or just bad taste in music?
    finally a mix by me
    and what's this, another shoddy mix...another dull mix

Hey Pete,

Thanks for taking the time to respond. It is difficult to find much info online as the PX5 is a fairly new mixer... I am using Traktor and have setup how to record a mix according to the manual. This issue still occurs. Guess I might have to utilize the audacity option... Had trouble setting that up also last time but going to give that a try I guess. If not I will call the shop I purchased from tomorrow. As I had promised people a mix today I hooked up my old Z2 for this particular recording
    You can find my stuff on www.djtechnoviking.tumblr.com Includes dropbox folder with all my mix !

RECORDING A MIX - TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO 2
     On the Xone: PX5 rear panel, set the USB 9-10 MST/FX switch to: MST.
     In Traktor, select the Input Routing dialogue.
     Set Input FX Send (Ext) to: L (Mono) 9: Analogue 9 / R 10: Analogue 10
     Next, select the Mix Recorder dialogue.
     Set Source to: External.
     Set External Input to; Input FX Send (Ext).
     Finally, go to the Audio Recorder in the main Traktor screen, set your level and hit record.

that's what the manual says
    finally a mix by me

RECORDING A MIX - TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO 2
     On the Xone: PX5 rear panel, set the USB 9-10 MST/FX switch to: MST.
     In Traktor, select the Input Routing dialogue.
     Set Input FX Send (Ext) to: L (Mono) 9: Analogue 9 / R 10: Analogue 10
     Next, select the Mix Recorder dialogue.
     Set Source to: External.
     Set External Input to; Input FX Send (Ext).
     Finally, go to the Audio Recorder in the main Traktor screen, set your level and hit record.

that's what the manual says
    RTFM eh ? I won't have time to try this until the weekend, however I do want to say thanks for the help.

I never use the "RTFM" around here.
    Otherwise my posts would seem very monotonous.

finally a mix by me

Quote Originally Posted by pete View Post
    I never use the "RTFM" around here.
    Otherwise my posts would seem very monotonous.

Hey Pete,

Just wanted to take a minute to again thank you, I think I may have gotten nervous/stressed during setting things up and must have missed something along the way. I went ahead and did the whole
    process as you have posted here again and now it's working like a charm !

Well off to play around with my new Xone

Thanks !

Hi All

Hope someone can help. Am recording for first time on A&H xone px5 via the USB-out straight to Macbook Air onto Audacity but Audacity cannot pickup the signal.
    Input says: XONE: PX5
    Channel: 2 (stereo)

When I select channel 10 though it does record two tracks (L and R). Bizarre. At least, cuz I don't know what the hell is going on. Also, Garageband works fine with the PX5.

Incidentally I have the same prob as the guy who started this thread: line fader down but line eqs are still live and receiving signal. Same as the Master eq. Then when selecting headphone Cue button for either channel it will kill the eq signal. Wtf?

So, hopefully there are some of you sighing because you know exactly what the problem is

Any suggs?

Cheers,
    Oli