Thread: Speaker query

Speaker query

Hi,

Would someone please advise if my studio slash bedroom being 4m x 4m with bay window and desk in said bay with speaker stands either side of desk is big enough to accommodate 8 inch speakers..

I am seeing available both Pioneer S-DJ08 and S-DJ05 and wondering which would be best

Does anyone use 8 inch speakers in a room 4m x 4m and how do you find them..

Thanks

Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stevens View Post
    Would someone please advise if my studio slash bedroom being 4m x 4m with bay window and desk in said bay with speaker stands either side of desk is big enough to accommodate 8 inch speakers..
    Certainly, room size has nothing to do with it. Something to think about, when you put on a set of headphones the speakers totally dwarf the "room size" inside your ear canal, it would be like putting a 30ft speaker outside the door of your bedroom! Works fine though doesn't it.
    Paul O'Brien
    Old Tech Guy
    www.Techott.com

Do you have a sub? The S-DJ05 response is -10dB at 50Hz, which means no deep lows. The S-DJ08 is -10dB at 43Hz, which is better, though still not low enough for some genres, EDM for instance.
    Bill Fitzmaurice
    Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design
    www.billfitzmaurice.info/forum

Hi Bill

Thanks for your advice, as you sound very knowledgeable would you be very kind and advise best production speakers for EDM,

Thanks,

Lee

I really can't, as the only speakers I have first hand experience with are the ones I design. However, for EDM a separate subwoofer is a must. Since the sub will handle everything below 80Hz or so there's no need to have large drivers in the mains.
    Bill Fitzmaurice
    Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design
    www.billfitzmaurice.info/forum