Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Time to turn it up a notch

Thatís a great perspective and I really appreciate the feedback.
    Ya the pocket scans are a 100w halogen, Iím not sure what an equivalent LED would be, but I do feel underpowered there.
    The stand or truss system is also something I feel I need, but am going to have to save for.
    The plus side is all the gear is paid for, I always save up to buy gear.

It is more of a hobby than anything , but like you said itís the labor that just kills me. By the time I load, unload, setup, gear down... itís an all day event for me.
    If I can figure out a way to load in and out quickly, that may help.

Now.... how do I get the gigs

Here's what I tell people about getting gigs.

Get your name out there.
    Business cards
    Brochures, etc
    Bridal shows
    Advertising
    Social media
    Confidence

If I mention bicycle, what brand pops in your head without thinking of it?
    The reason is because they have pounded their name in your head not only through advertising & making it the most recognizable name in the industry, but because they have been around for 100+ years (a long time).
    My point is, it ain't gonna happen over night. It takes a long time & a lot of dedication to getting your name recognizable in your area.

Your presentation when talking to people. Understand the needs of your client, not just your needs as a business owner. You need to be able to focus on the client & assure them you are there for their needs. You cant do that until you put yourself in their shoes & know what you would expect from a DJ in their situation.
    You've got to make sure they know you are confident & experienced in their event. If they see that you are just another DJ, they'll hire a cheaper guy that can do just as good of a job for them at a cheaper rate. If you charge more than the competition, you need to convince your client that there is a difference between "cheap" & "low priced".
    This is all about delivery, confidence & how well you can convince the client that you are better for their event than the next guy.... even if you do cost more.
    1) Contract, Contract, Contract!

2) Join VIP & support DJF: http://www.djforums.com/forums/payments.php