Thread: Vestax VCI-380 and Serato Connection Issues

Vestax VCI-380 and Serato Connection Issues

My VCI 380 keeps losing connection to my Macbook usually after an hour or so of it working fine. Tried switching the usb cable had the issue, used another usb port same issue. I decided to plug it into my Windows and left Serato running for hours on its own and it never lost connection.

My DJM 900 runs fine on my Macbook using Serato so I’m not sure what is going on with my Vestax. My last test is to run the DJM 900 for an extended period since I only use the DJM 900 for 3 hours or less at home. The Vestax is what I use for mobile gigs so its on for considerably longer, though the issue occurs in a little over an hour.

Any suggestions? I don’t want to buy another controller only to find out its my Macbook, though I doubt it because other equipment seems to run fine on it.
    twitter - @DJRiddim_
    facebook - https://www.facebook.com/DJRiddims?ref=hl
    youtube.com/vibes4321

Vestax VCI-380 and Serato Connection Issues

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Riddims View Post
    My VCI 380 keeps losing connection to my Macbook usually after an hour or so of it working fine. Tried switching the usb cable had the issue, used another usb port same issue. I decided to plug it into my Windows and left Serato running for hours on its own and it never lost connection.

My DJM 900 runs fine on my Macbook using Serato so I’m not sure what is going on with my Vestax. My last test is to run the DJM 900 for an extended period since I only use the DJM 900 for 3 hours or less at home. The Vestax is what I use for mobile gigs so its on for considerably longer, though the issue occurs in a little over an hour.

Any suggestions? I don’t want to buy another controller only to find out its my Macbook, though I doubt it because other equipment seems to run fine on it.
    The problem you describe is not unusual for a MacBook. Have you tried doing a reset?

- Shut down the Mac and connect the power cable

- Hold down Shift+Control+Option+Power concurrently for a few seconds, when the light on the power adapter blinks or changes colors you’ll know SMC reset is complete

-Release all keys at the same time
    Boot the MacBook Pro / Air by hitting the power button as is typical

If that does not work, you might try resetting the PRAM (or NVRAM).

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Bobcat View Post
    The problem you describe is not unusual for a MacBook. Have you tried doing a reset?

- Shut down the Mac and connect the power cable

- Hold down Shift+Control+Option+Power concurrently for a few seconds, when the light on the power adapter blinks or changes colors you’ll know SMC reset is complete

-Release all keys at the same time
    Boot the MacBook Pro / Air by hitting the power button as is typical

If that does not work, you might try resetting the PRAM (or NVRAM).
    Thanks for the info, I'll see if that resolves the issue.
    twitter - @DJRiddim_
    youtube.com/vibes4321

Update,

I tried a SMC reset and a Pram reset, neither worked. I then borrowed a friends Macbook Air, (I am using a MBP) made sure we were on the same OS and the Vestax worked fine on it.

I then decided to plug the Vestax into a USB hub rather than directly into my MBP and it worked fine. This really threw me off because I was expecting it not to work. After that I dug up some usb cables out of my desk and tried connecting the Vestax directly to the MBP usb port. One cable did not even make a connection (though it worked with another device) while another connected to Serato and ran for an about an hour until I disconnected. Keep in mind, the normal cable I have been using all the time with my vestax worked fine on my friends’ MB Air.

The more I test the more confused I get, lol. Any help would be appreciated.
    twitter - @DJRiddim_
    youtube.com/vibes4321

Did you ever get the issues resolved? I know that my VCI 380 is very picky about the USB cable. I had an issue where mine would freeze when using a certain cable that I used for my other controllers. I bought a new one from Guitar Center and it now works fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk