Thread: We're Going To Have A Tent

We're Going To Have A Tent

DJ: What alternate plans do you have for your outside wedding in the event of unexpected weather conditions?

Bride: Oh, we're going to have tents set up. But, the DJ will be under a covered porch.

Yeah right, OK, I'm sorry but I'm already booked that day..........

You can skip to about 4:30 in this video. Especially about 5:15.

This is not an isolated situation......... This is why I wont play outside events.

Idiocy.... pure idiocy.

1) Contract, Contract, Contract!

2) Join VIP & support DJF: http://www.djforums.com/forums/payments.php

WOW... What a mess!!!... I’m right there with ya. Indoors only for me, and AIR CONDITIONED.😄 I don’t even own any molded plastic PA speakers anymore, and any DJ who uses their wooden speakers outdoors is foolhardy. I thought about buying a pair of RCF EXOX-J8’s, but I don’t really even want to be tempted to play outdoor events.

I have done an couple tent weddings and it rained both times... rained really hard on one of them and the wind blew over one of the smaller tents. I don't know what it is about outdoor weddings they seem to attract rain like a magnet.. same way mobile homes seem to attract tornados

These tents were the full on pro versions thought with side walls and big stakes and heavy ropes anchoring everything into the ground, and that is the only reason the one event survived, those little pop up canopys would have been blown into the woods along with everything and everybody under it.
    Paul O'Brien
    Old Tech Guy
    www.Techott.com

Yeah, but unless that tent with sides/walls had a sealed flooring attached to the walls, when it rains, that water is gonna run from the high side of the property to the low side..... right through the tent. Then you gotta pack all your equipment back through the mud back & forth to your vehicle. Or you could just back your vehicle closer to the event & rut up the yard & get stuck. Either way... Outside events are just problematic more so than not. Either to cold, too hot, mosquitoes, rain, wind, bugs, nats, setting up in the mud where it rained 4" yesterday, idiots slashing water from the pool on your equipment & then just laugh & laugh.... No thanks, I'll gladly let you other guys have that money.
    1) Contract, Contract, Contract!

2) Join VIP & support DJF: http://www.djforums.com/forums/payments.php