View Poll Results: First Battle of 2019! Who has that fire???

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mix A

1 25.00%
  • Mix B

2 50.00%
  • Mix C

1 25.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The First Battle of 2019!!!

The First Battle of 2019!!!

Welcome to the First Battle of 2019!

We have three DJs coming together for an epic house music battle. We have Djnotapplicable, Mark_Spit, and DougMore battling for absolute supremacy as the FIRST OF 2019! Who will win? Who will lose? Who will be left wondering what happened? DJF, you decide. Let's do this. IT... IS... ON!

Mix A

Mix B

Mix C

Rules:

Here's the challenge:

* Minimum of 20 minutes and maximum of 30 minutes
    * Minimum of two genres or subgenres (Should be able to tell that the music styles have changed.)
    * ONE track must be played for at least a minute: ANY TRACK FROM LADY GAGA!

Call-Out thread

GOOD LUCK!
    Last edited by KLH; 03-07-2019 at 05:34 PM.
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...

I've been listening for a while and I'm almost ready to vote. Remember DJF, you vote and then post about why you voted the way you voted!
    -KLH
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...

3 Votes so far. One for each track... I wonder who's voted?
    -KLH

Added to my google drive (pretty good way of distributing the mixes IMHO)...
    bored, curious, deaf or just bad taste in music?
    finally a mix by me
    and what's this, another shoddy mix...another dull mix

How do you enter these fun and games

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dannyb82 View Post
    How do you enter these fun and games
    In the callout threads, you say that you want to join. Look at the top of this thread for the link to the callout thread that discussed this battle.
    -KLH

I suppose if nobody breaks this tie by the end of tomorrow, I'll have to cast my ballot .
    Ya gotta love corn, it's one of the only foods that says good-bye.

Rep owed: DTR, Pete, KLH, mitchiemasha,

Review and vote:

A : this is a style of house/EDM/trance I aint familiar with. I'm probably showing my age. One transition was a bar out, but apart from that it was well enough mixed. Wasn't into the vocal tracks.

C: Breaks. New skool breaks. Sounded like that, but with a modern twist. When the Stanton track came in I was sure it was new skool breaks territory. One of the tracks sounded a bit "Dimitri Vegas" style EDM noise. Didn't like that. Technically nothing to report, i.e. it was mixed pretty much perfectly. Gaga track was not bad...for gaga lol.

B: Started oldschool house. I knew all the tracks. Liking it. Good selection too, laid down like a pro. Transition from Gaga to hip hop was flawless. It takes balls the size of lemons to drop Kane into a mix with house. Respect. Golden era hip-hop, I can dig. Some of the hip-hop mixes clashed together a bit, but I can forgive as that is how they are made.

Overall I'm giving it to B.
    B and C were mixed professionally.
    B won mainly on the selection side, and because it stuck strongly to the rules.
    bored, curious, deaf or just bad taste in music?
    finally a mix by me
    and what's this, another shoddy mix...another dull mix

Woo-hoo! Won my first DJF comp!

Thanks for the vote and the kind words Pete, and whomever voted for me too - thank you!

I quite liked Mix C as those breaks had me shakin' my ass while I cleaned the house the other day. I didn't know any of the tracks, but I like breaks and thought the mix flowed well through out.

I thought Mix A was rather risky as I also wasn't familiar with the genre or the tracks and it's tempo was pretty laid back. Gotta give the DJ props for taking a chance.

Now my mix I originally thought I played a little too safe - popular house and hip-hop tracks. I also got a little sloppy during the last 3 mixes as my nerves got to me. It's been a really long time since I recorded a mix and had to do maybe 15 or so takes before I finally was satisfied with the final result.

The Lady Gaga track totally threw me for a loop. Mixing out of it was easy and I was surprised how well it went with The Creator. Mixing into it was the problem as I had to effect the crap out of the out-going track to smoothen the transition.

Thanks again for the votes guys! I appreciate the confidence boost!
    Ya gotta love corn, it's one of the only foods that says good-bye.

Rep owed: DTR, Pete, KLH, mitchiemasha,