View Poll Results: First Battle of 2019! Who has that fire???

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mix A

1 25.00%
  • Mix B

2 50.00%
  • Mix C

1 25.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The First Battle of 2019!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Spit View Post
    Woo-hoo! Won my first DJF comp!

Thanks for the vote and the kind words Pete, and whomever voted for me too - thank you!

I quite liked Mix C as those breaks had me shakin' my ass while I cleaned the house the other day. I didn't know any of the tracks, but I like breaks and thought the mix flowed well through out.

I thought Mix A was rather risky as I also wasn't familiar with the genre or the tracks and it's tempo was pretty laid back. Gotta give the DJ props for taking a chance.

Now my mix I originally thought I played a little too safe - popular house and hip-hop tracks. I also got a little sloppy during the last 3 mixes as my nerves got to me. It's been a really long time since I recorded a mix and had to do maybe 15 or so takes before I finally was satisfied with the final result.

The Lady Gaga track totally threw me for a loop. Mixing out of it was easy and I was surprised how well it went with The Creator. Mixing into it was the problem as I had to effect the crap out of the out-going track to smoothen the transition.

Thanks again for the votes guys! I appreciate the confidence boost!
    Congrats!😊

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats I voted for u!
    QSC GTDaudio B52 Numark NS7 American DJ Hercules 4Mx ACER Behringer Peavey Koss CerwinVega Selenium VDJ= Sweet Music
    Owner DRZ Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Spit View Post
    Woo-hoo! Won my first DJF comp!
    Nice one.

Congrats!

Ah I missed this. Gonna have to listen to em all whenever I get some time and see what I like best!