Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Spit View Post
Woo-hoo! Won my first DJF comp!

Thanks for the vote and the kind words Pete, and whomever voted for me too - thank you!

I quite liked Mix C as those breaks had me shakin' my ass while I cleaned the house the other day. I didn't know any of the tracks, but I like breaks and thought the mix flowed well through out.

I thought Mix A was rather risky as I also wasn't familiar with the genre or the tracks and it's tempo was pretty laid back. Gotta give the DJ props for taking a chance.

Now my mix I originally thought I played a little too safe - popular house and hip-hop tracks. I also got a little sloppy during the last 3 mixes as my nerves got to me. It's been a really long time since I recorded a mix and had to do maybe 15 or so takes before I finally was satisfied with the final result.

The Lady Gaga track totally threw me for a loop. Mixing out of it was easy and I was surprised how well it went with The Creator. Mixing into it was the problem as I had to effect the crap out of the out-going track to smoothen the transition.

Thanks again for the votes guys! I appreciate the confidence boost!
Congrats!😊

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk