Thread: Rek Aviles - Howl (Original Mix)

Nice kick drum. Not sure on the opening chords. They build very nice but I feel like they clash tonally with the kick. The breakdown gets a bit too resonant for my taste but I like the overall feel. Kick drum feels a bit lost when it comes back in but maybe that's me being a stickler for that sort of thing. Definitely feel like the chords need to be pulled back a bit due to the resonant peaks. Not sure that melody really adds to the overall peace, it sounds a bit off key but if that's what you're going for have at it. Nice outtro.

Don't take my comments too seriously. I'm just trying to give honest feedback! If I remember correctly I think we had a trance battle back in about 2010, if you remember that? lol. I've a track up by the way. Would be grateful for any opinions you have on it. Tear it to shreds if you must! lol

thanks, Squeak. 'm just now running into this reply. I think I was going for that sharp sound by the end of it but I spent 90% of the time on the kick. I would probably bounce the chords and manually adjust the volume to tone it down but I don't think i'll be revisiting this one.

I'm forcing myself to change styles and this was outside of my norm. Thanks for the listen.