Thread: Prodigy frontman Keith Flint found dead.

Prodigy frontman Keith Flint found dead.

The news came down 5 minutes ago. There goes my childhood. Rip Keith.

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...a8806456.html?

The Prodigy were very close to be releasing a new album, and had a new tour lined up

Update: Official statement from Liam

theprodigyofficial

The news is true , I can’t believe I’m saying this but our brother Keith took his own life over the weekend ,
    I’m shell shocked , fuckin angry , confused and heart broken ..... r.i.p brother

Liam

#theprodigy

As a strange coincidence, Firestarter is going to reach 100 million views today.

Last edited by Manu; 03-08-2019 at 12:09 PM.

No cause of death yet. Very sad news and he was only 49.

(I just posted this in OT)
    Ya gotta love corn, it's one of the only foods that says good-bye.

Rep owed: DTR, Pete, KLH, mitchiemasha,

Liam Howlett's statement indicates a suicide. It's a bit too early to confirm before the report from the coronary., though I suppose Liam knows him best

Very sad, such a waste.
    Fun fact - I guess I was the first person to play Firestarter on radio. The promo from the label literally dropped in the door and it was in the CD player broadcasting over London.

Anyways a look back at happier times:

Prodigy were still playing gigs for a couple of grand even when they were on ToTP. Worth thinking about when you hear about "superstar" "DJs" and their "massive" payouts from gigs.
    bored, curious, deaf or just bad taste in music?
    finally a mix by me
    and what's this, another shoddy mix...another dull mix

I was also one of the first DJs to play it in France. They weren't known before the Fat of the Land. I was playing the Firestarter instrumental edit from the Wipeout video game disc back in the day. People would go nuts first, then ask me who made that. I contributed to making a lot of new Prodigy fans back in the day. Then as a DJ, I lost count of people asking me to play the Prodigy, and the place would go absolutely goddamn electric as soon as I would press play.

Listening to the new album is going to be another bittersweet experience, I can't even say I'm looking forward to it.

Sad times, rest in peace Mr Flint ...

Last Night A BJ Choked My Wife - What did she expect, I was Indeep.

i fell in love with jilted generation. they pretty much lost me after fat of the land.

R.I.P Keith, always remember having to pretend my friend was about to have a fit when we found ourselves in the mosh-pit at their gig at the first T-In-The-Park at Balado - we were working a hippy-clothes stall there, and were camped beside our stalls beside the main stage. The night before, we went down to decide where we would 'stand' to see the Prodigy, and coming from the 'clubscene', had no idea about moshers...stupidly, my friend had flip-flops on, so when we felt our feet lifted-off the ground, it was time to retreat! haha, great memories from a seminal band that united the crusties with the clubbers.

I am a big fan of The Prodigy, I saw them in Live in Estonia too. The Keith's voice was in a really huge role in their music. So how will the upcoming Prodigy music gonna sound like? Hope that Liam keeps making more music though. R.I.P. Keith Flint!

Really, really sad news. I was never a huge Prodigy fan, but I remember enjoying The Fat Of The Land quite a bit. Actually I still own that album and have been listening to it again lately. Great stuff.
    RIP Keith.