Thread: Reviews/Thoughts about Hercules Universal DJ & Hercules P32DJ

Reviews/Thoughts about Hercules Universal DJ & Hercules P32DJ

Hello everyone,

A friend of mine is looking to sell me some of his older DJ equipment and I wanted to ask your advice about it before I took the plunge.

He's got a Hercules DJ Universal and P32DJ also by Herc. I've read some good reviews but I was hoping for some more in depth advice from people who've actually tried the stuff...

So has anybody used either of these? If you have, what do you like about them? Do you use the special features like the Panic button or App (for the Universal) or do you mostly ignore them?

Any input would help - he's offering me a good price so I just need a little "push" before I make this purchase.

Also relevant: I'm not an experienced DJ ....yet

Thanks for your input,

Mo

Quote Originally Posted by MoGilly View Post
    Hello everyone,

A friend of mine is looking to sell me some of his older DJ equipment and I wanted to ask your advice about it before I took the plunge.

He's got a Hercules DJ Universal and P32DJ also by Herc. I've read some good reviews but I was hoping for some more in depth advice from people who've actually tried the stuff...

So has anybody used either of these? If you have, what do you like about them? Do you use the special features like the Panic button or App (for the Universal) or do you mostly ignore them?

Any input would help - he's offering me a good price so I just need a little "push" before I make this purchase.

Also relevant: I'm not an experienced DJ ....yet

Thanks for your input,

Mo
    You’ll get lots of opinions, so you are the one who must decide. The Hercules Universal DJ is a low cost, entry level controller. Brand new, they’re less than $200, so you won’t be sinking much money in it. On the other hand, it won’t likely be your primary controller for very long. It might make a good little backup controller though; one you could actually perform with if your main controller fails.

I’ve never had hands on with the Hercules Universal DJ, so I can’t say whether it’s good or bad, but reviewers have been highly critical of the feel of the cross fader and other controls. I bought myself a little Pioneer DDJ-WeGO3 to use with a tablet PC as a backup system, and it has a high quality feel IMO.

Some will probably recommend that you save up and get a high quality controller. That’s fine, but if you’re getting a great deal and understand that you’re gonna outgrow the Hercules pretty quickly, there’s nothing wrong with buying it to begin learning on.😊

Thanks for the detailed response

Bumping this in case someone else can weigh in before I buy...
    Thanks in advance!