Thread: Traktor kontroller on mobile

Traktor kontroller on mobile

I want to use my new Traktor kontroller S2 mk3 on the iPhone and iPad.
    First problem I resolved was the power since the S2 does not come with peer adapter I think I managed to make it work by connecting the big USB input to a powerbank, then the iPad USB to the iPhone. (Trick that I haven’t seen anywhere).
    Then I successfully connected the S2 to the iPhone, with Trakor Dj app, and a couple of features work, I can listen the music through the S2 output and user the master volum, but I can’t use the rest of the controller (crosfaders..).

Anyone has used the S2 or S4 with an iPhone before?

By the way, I have been researching online about this topic, and couldn’t find anything.

This is really annoying! Just tried with the iPad and exactly the same problem!
    Is it not possible to use Traktor S2 mk3 with the iPad?? It makes no sense
    Has anyone used trakor dj with S2?

Well it must be a problem I have, since it does work as shown in this video https://youtu.be/539rNSR3uk4
    Probably the problem is the power source since I’m using the othe USB to fuel the controller, not an external 15V source which is ordered on amazon but has not arrived yet.

Another possibility might be the app itself, on both the iPad and iPhone when the S2 was plugged a message said that the app for that device was not available, very weird..
    Nobody has been in a similar situation?

I have the S4 Mk3 and wouldn't use it with an iOS device; they (and Traktor DJ) are too limited. IIRC, plugging into an iOS device was a Mk2 feature.

If you look at the USB-to-Lightning cable, it even states that Z1, the S2 Mk2, and S4 Mk2 are the only ones supported.
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...

Quote Originally Posted by joca2 View Post
    I want to use my new Traktor kontroller S2 mk3 on the iPhone and iPad.
    First problem I resolved was the power since the S2 does not come with peer adapter I think I managed to make it work by connecting the big USB input to a powerbank, then the iPad USB to the iPhone. (Trick that I haven’t seen anywhere).
    Then I successfully connected the S2 to the iPhone, with Trakor Dj app, and a couple of features work, I can listen the music through the S2 output and user the master volum, but I can’t use the rest of the controller (crosfaders..).

Anyone has used the S2 or S4 with an iPhone before?

By the way, I have been researching online about this topic, and couldn’t find anything.
    I don’t think your Kontrol S2 MK3 is compatible with the version of Traktor DJ that’s available on the App Store. It WILL be compatible with the version coming out in the Spring...

https://support.native-instruments.c...or-iPad-en-us-

I am sooooo grateful for your comments, I just couldn’t find the answer and could understand why was not working.

Thanks!