Thread: Yorkville ES18p subs

Yorkville ES18p subs

Finally had a chance to get my hands on a pair of these for a DJ event this past weekend. These are big subs but the taller profile makes them a lot easier to move around than the LS801p that they replace, hauling them up a short set of stairs was still tough but managable and I commandeered some help to get them in and out of the van. I'm sure I could load/unload them by myself by tipping them on the threshold and lifting the bottom like I do with my larger double 15 and double 18 boxes but that would scratch them up pretty good and I didn't want to do that to these rentals.

Sound output. From the moment they were fired up I could tell a pair of these were hugh overkill for the relatively small room we were in but that didn't stop the DJs from flogging them for all they were worth, I seriously thought the suspended ceiling was gonna come crashing down any minute... the whole building was rattling. Smiles all around on that count.

In terms of sound quality they also do quite well in the Smooth setting, Punchy is just obnoxous with recorded music.. probably works well for a live band, and Deep is what you would expect with a lowend boost but then the box limits earlier too. If extreme lowend is what you want the PSa2s goes significntly lower and gets just as loud.

Overall I like this box particularly for the type of music these DJs were playing so I think I will use them again.
    Last edited by conanski; 02-25-2019 at 07:11 PM.
    Paul O'Brien
    Old Tech Guy
    www.Techott.com

Thx for the review conanski! My friend is looking for a set of subs and can't decide what to get. He's leaning towards Yorkville's, though not sure which ones. I'll show him your review.
    Ya gotta love corn, it's one of the only foods that says good-bye.

Rep owed: DTR, Pete, KLH, mitchiemasha,