Thread: pioneer ddj sz2: thoughts?

Angry pioneer ddj sz2: thoughts?

yo,

i currently have the following setup: TTX x 2, DJM-350, RMX-1000, EFX-1000, and a hercules rmx for my mobile gigs.

Ive been eyeing the SZ2 for a long time but couldnt justify the price. I saw a killer deal on Ebay and finally pulled the trigger. I just love how this controller is literally an all in one and has everything you need. I dj a lot of private events and in my opinion is a perfect. I just need that and my laptop and i dont need to worry about any extra wiring between the individual controllers, remix consoles or the mixer. i was going to get a SP1 but with the SZ2, i dont even need that anymore. I am really excited about it even though i know it is huge and heavy and not ideal for club gigs. My place is to have a DVS setup with the SZ2 and the TTs but it will be interesting with the TTs beeing so far away from the crossfader. I dont scratch that much but i would like to start learning on the TTs and not on the SZ2 jogwheels. If i do dj in the clubs, i can just take my serato box and work with the existing club setup.

so i did search for posts regarding the ddj-sz2 but didnt see a whole lot. I wanted to reach out to the existing sz2 users and let me know what you guys like and dislike about it. i want to utilise it to the max and plan to keep it for a while. I dont think all-in-1 controllers like these come around that often. yes it might be pricery and big and heavy, but besides that, whaddayall think?

nothing? nobody owns this?

My friend Craig owns one and loves it. He went from Traktor to Rekordbox and says he has no regrets.

this is the sz2, which is with serato, i dont think rekordbox works with this

just got the ddj sz2. So excited.

I’ve played out on a DZ before and owned an SX2. They both are great controllers and at one point I personally believed that they were the best. That was until I picked up a 1000. In my opinion the 1000 blows the others away. The CDJ style platters are amazing! I scratch a lot and the platters in combination with the Magavel cross fader is perfect. The post fader onboard effects are great as well. I am not a raving fan of Rekordbox. I am used to Serato and have to get used to Rekordbox’s workflow. However I am glad that the 1000 SRT is now out for Serato!

I’m my opinion the 1000 is a better unit than the DZ series. And it’s smaller too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah i see the srt-1000 is nice. i might have to upgrade it to that after reading this: https://serato.com/forum/discussion/1729345