Thread: Hello from Ireland

Hello from Ireland

Hi all, as per the title, I'm a DJ from Ireland and have being Djing for probably around 10 years now. Started late in life at the ripe old age of 36 so if you do the math, I am getting on a bit, but the tunes do help me feel like a young lad. Started off on a poxy Behringer BCD2000 but it gave me the bug and nowadays I rock a DDJ RZ, seriously heavy for mobile gigs but totally worth it.

I consider myself to be relatively good, not brilliant but not too bad either. I believe anyone that tells you they are brilliant are usual not. I find the best DJs are very critical of their own sets and get annoyed when they mess up, even if it is only them that notices.

I don't have a favorite genre of music. I tend to listen to anything from Techno to rock and everything in-between, I have even been known to listen to classical music on occasion.

Usually play mobile gigs for party's and special occasions but have also done club gigs, however because my regular job is a bar man it does limit the amount of gigs I can play which is a real bummer.

Superpowers, well I don't know if you would class this as a superpower but I can build almost any thing, kind of like yer man in the lego movie. Currently I am working on a mobile DJ booth and after that I plan on building some trussing for my lighting.

Anyways, as I mentioned earlier I'm not a brilliant DJ nor am I a bad one, but I open to learning some new tricks and techniques which hopefully you guys and gals help out with.

Greetings Brabazon,

I think that you'll find the folks around here to be very friendly and helpful, at least that's been my experience so far.