Thread: Video where we can see the DJ at work

Question Video where we can see the DJ at work

Hi all !

recently I was trying to find videos of DJ mix which really show how the DJ is mixing so I can observe how they do. For instance :
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcVnqFxWMDM&t=2641s
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTHEQNdLcUI&t=1014s (there are actually plenty on the DJ Sounds channel)

if you have others like that I would be interested in watching.

See ya !

Welcome to DJF!

There are literally millions of DJ videos on Youtube where you can see how the DJ mixes. It might be wiser to focus on a particular technique, like scratching, long blends, quick cuts, etc. Otherwise, you'll just see one deck to another... and back.
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...

Hi KLH,

thanks for your reply. I guess I was unclear then, sorry. I am also watching many "technique focused" video but what I like with these two examples is that it's a real DJ set so I can see how it goes in "real condition". To me it's quite interesting in term of song selections, duration of the blend, eq-ing, number of channels playing, effects usage... much more than "one deck to another and back" (in my opinion, of course)

* double post *
    Last edited by ma_r; 02-12-2019 at 07:15 AM. Reason: double post

Quote Originally Posted by ma_r View Post
    To me it's quite interesting in term of song selections, duration of the blend, eq-ing, number of channels playing, effects usage... much more than "one deck to another and back" (in my opinion, of course)
    You are focusing on the techniques that typically go into A <> B mixing. It's uncommon to see DJs incorporate effects (other than filter) and mixing beyond two decks at a time - even if there are four available.

What are you looking to do? Maybe I can recommend some performances.
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...

Ok, my bad then. Thanks for your reply and your patience

As I am still a beginner, I have to improve in pretty much any fields ! But right now I was trying to get more familiar with the effects in Traktor and also looking what techniques I can use to isolate or hide some parts of a tracks (for instance keeping the percussions while muting the melody. Not sure if I am that clear)

So if you think about interesting performances I would be really interested in watching/hearing them.

The DJ Sounds shows on Youtube always have good angles for watching the DJ's techniques. One of my favorite DJs is Roger Sanchez, so when he's on that show it's always an interesting watch

Check out the other sets on the same channel for watching how DJs work.

Thank you so much, Daniel ! I haven't seen this video and that's exactly what I was looking for. I've never heard of Roger Sanchez before, this guy is a monster !!!

By the way, if some other people are interested, I've found another YT channel with a similar filming : TweakFM
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXqf4BbupY0