Thread: Pioneer DDJ SR controller with Traktor Pro 3?

Pioneer DDJ SR controller with Traktor Pro 3?

Hi, I’ve just started to get into Traktor Pro 3 and love the functionality
    of it. I’ve been looking at controllers to use with it and the Pioneer DDJ SR looks appealing to me and is within my price range. However from what I have read it only works out of the box with Serato software?

Can anyone confirm if there is a way for it to work with Traktor? Alternatively are there any other similar controllers that will work? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nickmeister View Post
    Hi, I’ve just started to get into Traktor Pro 3 and love the functionality
    of it. I’ve been looking at controllers to use with it and the Pioneer DDJ SR looks appealing to me and is within my price range. However from what I have read it only works out of the box with Serato software?

Can anyone confirm if there is a way for it to work with Traktor? Alternatively are there any other similar controllers that will work? Thanks
    There’s always a way when you have a MIDI compliant controller. If you don’t want to, or know how to build a map, you can often find one someone else has made, though it may not be an official NI supported map. There is a midi map for the DDJ-SR on DJ Tech Tools, which is where I usually go for Traktor maps when looking for a map for an unsupported (by NI) controller. Here’s the link...

https://maps.djtechtools.com/mappings/3216

You’ll need a login in order to download it, but membership is free. Just sign up. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by nickmeister View Post
    ... Alternatively are there any other similar controllers that will work? Thanks
    OK... I know I’m posting this response to a new member who has posted only ONCE and probably hasn’t read my previous response, and probably won’t read this one either.😄 But be that as it may, Native Instruments (Traktor) and Pioneer don’t really play well together. They collaborated on the DDJ-T1, and I’ve heard they might be working together on a future controller, but that’s about the extent of it. You can make (or find) midi maps for most Pioneer controllers, but you won’t get support on any besides the DDJ-T1 or DDJ-Ergo from either Pioneer or NI. I own a DDJ-T1 and it works fabulously with Traktor, but it lacks the performance pads you get on the DDJ-SR. You can buy a used DDJ-T1 in excellent condition for $200-250, but they were MUCH more expensive controllers than the SR when new. Too bad you’ll never read this sage advice I’m giving you.😄