Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Want a bigger display, thinking a Imac 27

Want a bigger display, thinking a Imac 27

Been missing it for years now so decide on making a comeback (former CDJ), must recently got a really good deal on a Pioneer DDJ 1000 SO a computer/laptop is a must.

Now lot of friends told me that Apple is the way to go, but here is the dilemma I'm having, this will be use at home as i love to make remixes and mash up, Its has always been my passion, creativity.
    Now i want something bigger than 15" as my sight has gone bad lately and Need/Want something bigger, so I wss thinking of getting an refurbished Imac 27, is there a better production year? Also what specs should i look for/stay away from ect?
    By all means if you have another suggestion, Im all ears.
    Thanks in advance, did my search but didnt find anything on this subject and iI'm pulling the trigger next week on this.
    With must respect, Jimmy

I’m one of the odd balls who doesn’t use or like a laptop. Even a 17” laptop is too small for me when sitting behind my controller. I know some guys set their laptops to the side so they can get them closer, but I like having mine straight in front of me. So I have a 23” AIO PC as my main computer...

It’s maybe just a little larger than I need, but I NEVER have trouble seeing what I need to see on it.😄

In my home office, I have a 23” iMac, and it’s a good size too...

I don’t have room for anything larger on my desk, but 27” sounds pretty good!😄

I have 2 32'' hd tvs for my monitors for my office pc. I have 2 laptops at my booth (one to stream - one to run Serato) for the Serato laptop I have a 28' monitor right in front of me. The two laptops are at the edge with my controller down one shelf.

I have been against macs for ages. (Back when it was a war between macs and pcs for graohic and web design - 2000 and up)

People love them because they are simple. There is nothing to modify - you have to stare at that boring OSX interface. I have my office pc with all kinds of enhanced features and such.

IMO, get a pc and don't spend twice as much for a mac - they are really the same, just one has created a subculture of cool stuff and costs a lot more.

What innovation has come to the mac OS since it's birth? Not much.

Windows on the other hand comes out with new versions of their OS with real improvement (don't count Vista...)

That's just my 2 cents on the subject. Take it as you will.

Want a bigger display, thinking a Imac 27

Quote Originally Posted by djnotapplicable View Post
    ... I have 2 laptops at my booth (one to stream - one to run Serato) for the Serato laptop I have a 28' monitor right in front of me. The two laptops are at the edge with my controller down one shelf...
    I have two computers in my Large Rack System (one for Traktor, one for DMX and video), and use dual 22” monitors...

Again, 22” is maybe a little large, but easy on the operator’s eyes... MY eyes!😄 The two computers (and an Ethernet switch) are mounted underneath the controller in the top of the rack.
    Last edited by DJ Bobcat; 02-03-2019 at 12:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Bobcat View Post
    Again, 22” is maybe a little large, but easy on the operator’s eyes... MY eyes!��
    Yea, I don't play out any more so I can get all the tools that help me from my home studio/office.

Thank so much guys for your replies, means a lot to me. I was talking to my brother's step son about my plans and ask me why not build a computer and i help you so now im thinking of putting one together with his help wich will be around $500 for one that will handle anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Boricuanology View Post
    Thank so much guys for your replies, means a lot to me. I was talking to my brother's step son about my plans and ask me why not build a computer and i help you so now im thinking of putting one together with his help wich will be around $500 for one that will handle anything.
    Building a computer is not difficult. I have more than 25 computers, and many I built myself. BUT... it’s really hard today to buy the parts and build a computer for less than it would cost to buy one that’s already built. That’s not to say building is not a good idea. When you build it yourself you can choose the parts, so you can perhaps get better quality parts than might have been used in a store-bought computer. However, that could mean your custom built computer will cost more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Bobcat View Post
    Building a computer is not difficult.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I used to build my own computers as well, but cost wise it probably would be a lot more expensive for all the parts.

Welcome to DJF, Boricuanology!

Quote Originally Posted by Boricuanology View Post
    Now i want something bigger than 15"...
    IMHO, just buy a monitor and plug it into your laptop. Bam! Problem solved.
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...

Quote Originally Posted by KLH View Post
    Welcome to DJF, Boricuanology!

IMHO, just buy a monitor and plug it into your laptop. Bam! Problem solved.
    That's what I do with the laptop that runs serato. Very easy.