Thread: Retraction: My Good Thumbtack Opinion

Retraction: My Good Thumbtack Opinion

About 3 months ago I gave a good opinion on THUMBTACK, about their policy change on LEADS.
    I changed my mind. They are horrible!
    I've spent a lot of money on LEADS that went nowhere.
    Here are the factors that determines why I think thumbtack should be avoided:

1. After they charge you you dont get a phone number or email of the client,
    you are chained to the Thumbtack communications which is like sending messages to a black hole.
    2. The leads are expensive (the screen shot I posted cost me $36)
    3. The "client" can communicate back to you really nothing substantial and you still get charged. The only KEY WORDS
    that it detects is "I went with someone else" "Sorry" "Unfortunately" so you won't be charged.

I answered this "clients" request and what does he say? ..."are you available?" Duh. Why would i send you a quote if I werent.

In closing, I spent $36 for a lead without a phone number or email. This person could be an evil DJ for all that matters
    who gets a thrill having other DJs getting charged for answering his requests... I called and requested a refund, it was like pulling teeth. This was no client, he never answered back! I'm closing my account,

Beware! Eventective leads are much better, you get the client's phone and email at least.

http://oi64.tinypic.com/ibyrz8.jpg
    Last edited by fatcatdj; 01-30-2019 at 02:15 PM.
    .."You can NEVER go too far"---Ferris Bueller

I still have some credits that I had there 2 or 3 years ago. I gave up on TT. When they revamped their business practices, I looked at it & blocked their email address. I dont get emails nor leads from TT.

Hey Thumb Tack!!! ....
    1) Contract, Contract, Contract!

2) Join VIP & support DJF: http://www.djforums.com/forums/payments.php

Well, its official. After probably 2 or 3 years after TT's radical policy changes, not accepting those changes, blocking their email address so I wont get leads nor emails from them & lastly waiting with hope that they would revamp their fees & polices to come more in line with my business practices, I have given up all hope of any reconciliation with them, & as of this morning have deleted my account.

I still had some credits from a few years ago that I never used &.... again... their policy is: no refunds of credits if you cancel your account. You gotta use them before you go. So, I lost those credits but hey, I've lost more over less & I know I wont ever use those so, I gave them the credits for nothing & closed the door behind me.

Even prior to their latest policy changes & ridiculously high fees, I had not purchased a lead in quite some time. Even when I did rarely purchase a lead, I'll bet that I never booked more than 2 or 3 clients over my 17 year career as a mobile DJ.

So long TT!
    1) Contract, Contract, Contract!

2) Join VIP & support DJF: http://www.djforums.com/forums/payments.php