Thread: Yorkville New Synergy...

Yorkville New Synergy...

Danley written all over it. I wish those tops were pole-mountable.
    Raising the bar...
    http://www.channelliveproductions.com/
    Atlanta DJs / Wedding DJs / Prom DJs ...and more

Quote Originally Posted by GaFFLe View Post
    Danley written all over it. I wish those tops were pole-mountable.
    Not the first time Danely has partnered with Yorkville by giving permission to Yorkville to use Danley technology in Yorkville products.
    If I had to play only for people who liked the music because they heard it on the radio, it wouldn't make me happy. -- David Guetta

Impressive specs, of course they aren't exactly cheap. But not quite pro-level-expensive either...
    The one real problem with the U15 was that the woofer couldn't keep up, seems they've solved that problem on this one.

It has a Danley price tag too. I don't see DJs lining up to buy them.
    Bill Fitzmaurice
    Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design
    www.billfitzmaurice.info/forum

22.5 x 45 degree dispersion, you would need at least 2 per side (on their side to get 90 degrees) in a cluster array to get any usable dispersion. Ideally 4 tops per side normally to get 90 degree dispersion horizontal by 45 degree verticle.

This will be a flop as there is a very limited market for such a system. It is designed to have at least 4 tops and subs per side in a large cluster to get 90 degree horizontal and 45 degree vertical. Only market I can see other than an outdoor amphitheater would be to put those clusters on a cart to roll out for highschool/college stadium half time shows.

In Canada "Long and Mcquade" exclusivly rents out Yorkville speakers so I see this more as a collaboration between Yorkville and L&M as a rental system as I don't think too many people will outright buy the system. L&M rents those tops out for $50/day, $200/month in Canadian dollars which is pretty cheap. Subs are $62/day or $250 per month. They sell the tops for $4000 each and subs for $5000 each (cnd dolloars). Thats $72,000 for a four a side 90 degree system, but only $896 to rent for a show! They do this all the time, yorkville has a light bar they sell for lighting up bands (need at least 3, 1 for each side of the stage, one in the back) for $1600 each. It is essentially four $40 rgb led (only 4 leds) par cans on a stick, stand not included. Complete rip off but almost every bar band in Canada uses them because they rent out for like $15 a day or $60 a month. Would you pay $4800 for this light show? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbKuy6Qw0sI No, but If you don't have any lights for $45 for the weekend you do now. Nobody is buying that synergy system, its meant for L&M to rent out.

I haven't heard the system but the guys at L&M tell me that when they set it up in their parking lot in Winnipeg that the high end really carries far and stays intact.
    Last edited by Coronaoperator; 08-26-2019 at 06:40 AM. Reason: added rental thoughts

Coronaoperator, yea I think your analysis is spot-on, but those cabinets don't look like they would stack well rotated on their side, so you're looking at a minimum three per side system.

I don't think there's anything crazy about narrow cabinets like these, it's been done lots of times before.. I mean, before line arrays started taking over the pro audio world, there was the Turbosound Flashlight, then the Turbosound Aspect.. and other companies at that level also had their systems like that... But yea I think the problem with this system is that I don't see the kinds of customers who regularly deploy systems of this size, who are mostly pro audio companies, investing this much money in a Yorkville system.

I like Yorkville and think they've earned a pretty good reputation in the pro audio world, but their brand is just not positioned to serve that market no matter how good the system is.

But yea probably they will sell some, as you say it is great for rentals, to get that kind of output in a plug and play system that neatly stacks gives it an advantage there. Also for event organizers who own their system and don't need to impress anyone with names.. schools.... So yea, they will sell some. Maybe they have other models planned for smaller deployments that are in the works and they just wanted to lead with the most pro offering...

They do have this picture on Yorkvilles website that shows 2 boxs deployed on their side. even looks like they have feet built in to do that.

Oh neat, they're asymmetrical. So that does work.