Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone have an opinion on American audio speakers?

Does anyone have an opinion on American audio speakers?

So American audio seems to have some interesting products like the kpow series of speakers, but I can't seem to find anyone's opinion or even a YouTube review of the brand. Help, please.

They're not American and they barely qualify as speakers. Their specs are fake. For instance, the ATX15W says it's '1000 Watts Dynamic Power'. It's a Class AB amp that draws 200 watts, which translates to at the most 120 watts actual output. Avoid.
    Bill Fitzmaurice
    Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design
    www.billfitzmaurice.info/forum

Thank you for the info because it seems like everyone in my area has a sale on them right now.

Because they want to make room for 2019 stock, and they can't get rid of those fast enough. They're cheap for a reason.

Not worth your money.
    BillESC
    Lighting, Sound & Video since 1973
    804-435-6858 [email][bill@entsyscorp.com]

IF (big IF) I was going to buy low end gear.. some of American Audio's stuff has been ok over the years. They had a few mixers and CD decks that were actually decent. BUT NOT SPEAKERS or anything related to your sound system.

Quote Originally Posted by light-o-matic View Post
    IF (big IF) I was going to buy low end gear.. some of American Audio's stuff has been ok over the years. They had a few mixers and CD decks that were actually decent. BUT NOT SPEAKERS or anything related to your sound system.
    I had an American Audio mixer I liked because it had what I thought sounded like a good bass boost effect. I forget what it was called, I think it was called WOW. It expanded the stereo separation and boosted the bass. I thought it was nice for a 19" mixer that was under $200 because it had 10 stereo inputs and XLR outputs.

The problem was it was unrepairable. I needed to get it repaired and when I took it to my local Rado Shack to get it fixed. He said the way the boards were stacked and soldered together it wasn't designed to be worked on. Just to buy a replacement board would have cost more than the mixer cost new. I think the mixer new was $179 and the part was $185. Plus labor which would have probably made the repair cost about $235.
    But the number of US Supreme Court judges was always 6.
    Then it was 5, then 6, then 7, then 9, then 10, then 7, and then 9.

Quote Originally Posted by light-o-matic View Post
    I LOVED my American Audio VMS 4.1. I used it for my first three years as a mobile DJ. It was incredibly solid, well built, and reliable. It sounded great as well. I still have it because I’m having separation anxiety.😄 I’ve moved to Denon MC6000 MK2’s and they’re great controllers, but there is at least one area where the VMS 4.1 exceeded the Denon. It really was the perfect starter controller.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mat13s View Post
    Thank you for the info because it seems like everyone in my area has a sale on them right now.
    That should of answered your question instantly. Pro audio is extremely competitively priced. If it's cheap, it's rubbish... There are no bargains in Audio. Although, some times a slightly better deal or retailers liqui******.

I think you get what you pay for with audio as said before. I'm in the market for new studio monitors. Rather save for something quality and not regret a cheap purchase.