Thread: Saving chord progressions

Saving chord progressions

So I'm learning Ableton Live 10, came up with 3 different chord progressions in midi clips and just wondering whats the proper way to save it beside the fact that I'm saving my current session,
    I'm wondering if there is something smaller, like an export or something else where later on I would be able to import these chords ideas it to my other projects/sessions ??

Thx

I think I can answer myself, I guess saving simply as a midi clip will do the trick.

Some questions can be answered quicker and easier by reading the manual.

https://www.ableton.com/en/manual/welcome-to-live/

1.2.2 Capture MIDI
    Capture MIDI (see 16.10) introduces a new way of (not) thinking about MIDI recording.

Now, Live is always listening to MIDI input on armed or input-monitored tracks. Press the Capture MIDI button after you’ve played to create a clip containing your music. Live will automatically try to find the tempo and set appropriate loop boundaries.

With Capture MIDI, you never have to worry about losing your experiments and improvisations because you forgot to start recording. You can always capture what you’ve just played, after you’ve played it.