Thread: Help! No Audio from Master Out or Headphones, only laptop DDJ-RR

Help! No Audio from Master Out or Headphones, only laptop DDJ-RR

Hi all,

I have a Pioneer DDJ-RR with Rekordbox and cannot get the audio to come through my headphones (when connected to the controller) or the RCA Master Out. I have contacted Pioneer twice and they keep just sending me the firmware, which I have updated. Attached is a screen shot of my audio output settings in R-Box. These are the only options I am given. I cannot change the output selections. I re-installed the audio driver as well, but not sure if it's supposed to show up anywhere?!

The threads on Pioneer's site and other forums don't seem to solve the issue.

Any help?!
    Thank you!
    BrahmJah
    Attached Images Attached Images

Help! No Audio from Master Out or Headphones, only laptop DDJ-RR

Quote Originally Posted by BrahmJah View Post
    Hi all,

I have a Pioneer DDJ-RR with Rekordbox and cannot get the audio to come through my headphones (when connected to the controller) or the RCA Master Out. I have contacted Pioneer twice and they keep just sending me the firmware, which I have updated. Attached is a screen shot of my audio output settings in R-Box. These are the only options I am given. I cannot change the output selections. I re-installed the audio driver as well, but not sure if it's supposed to show up anywhere?!

The threads on Pioneer's site and other forums don't seem to solve the issue.

Any help?!
    Thank you!
    BrahmJah
    OK... You don’t say what kind of computer and operating system you’re using. The firmware is for the controller, but there should be software for your computer... like ASIO and MIDI drivers. Have you installed those?

Normally those drivers would be installed before attaching the USB cable from the controller to your computer. Once the drivers are installed and you attach the controller to your computer, you should see many more options, as the drivers will allow the computer software to communicate with the controller.
    Last edited by DJ Bobcat; 01-04-2019 at 07:58 PM.

Audio issue fixed -- error w High Sierra OS

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Bobcat View Post
    OK... You don’t say what kind of computer and operating system you’re using. The firmware is for the controller, but there should be software for your computer... like ASIO and MIDI drivers. Have you installed those?

Normally those drivers would be installed before attaching the USB cable from the controller to your computer. Once the drivers are installed and you attach the controller to your computer, you should see many more options, as the drivers will allow the computer software to communicate with the controller.

I found the answer -- this video solved the problem! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKlaQiMRfjA

It has to do with "High Sierra" updates and blocking the security from recognizing the DDJ.

Thank you! Your suggestion led me to search more directly and find the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by BrahmJah View Post
    I found the answer -- this video solved the problem! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKlaQiMRfjA

It has to do with "High Sierra" updates and blocking the security from recognizing the DDJ.

Thank you! Your suggestion led me to search more directly and find the issue.
    Ah... OS X. I could tell your computer was not recognizing your controller, so it had to be a driver or cable problem, but I hadn’t considered a security problem. Good to know in case it happens to someone else. I have an iMac, but don’t use it for DJing, so no controller attached. All my DJ computers are Windows. Windows 10 updates do some crazy stuff too, so it’s just as likely to have some similarly obscure issue.