Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Technics meet your match.....

Haaaaa hahahahahaha. Plywood or sawdust wood, the Chinese call it wood. On par with the rest of the corner cutting junk used inside.

If I was after a Jukebox, I would go for a classic Wurlizter, a Rock-Ola or something. But the real stuff well, I'm afraid they're real expensive. Unless you're lucky enough to grab a garage sale from somewhere.

I like the rectangle shaped chrome metal ones with the light show in the front of the cabinet.
    They were popular in the 1970s.

I also like the table mounted controller ones.
    Ussually if a resurant had a Juke Box this was what they had.
    A controller on each table and the sound hooked up to ceiling speakers.
    But the number of US Supreme Court judges was always 6.
    Then it was 5, then 6, then 7, then 9, then 10, then 7, and then 9.

So the positive note here is. We've found something we can all agree on. I missed that the OP was clearly trolling!!!

Victrola VPRO-3100 Pro USB turntable review & test
    22:49

VWestlife has the best most informative reviews of budget audio equipment I've seen on YouTube.

I wasn't aware that Victrola is the best selling brand of record players. I thought it was Crosley or Jensen. Prior to this thread, I had never heard of them. (Aside from the Victrola brand from a hundred years ago.)
    Last edited by Windows 95; 01-01-2019 at 10:53 AM.

Lol, I am literally just back from HMV, having seen those again. The review is quite condescending, because these are real nasty in the fles-... plastic.

I wasn't aware they still sold these things. This was how I cleaned my records in the 1960s and the early 1970s. I switched to washing them around 1974 or 1975. (12 or 13 years old.)
    Ronco sold them on TV in the 1970s.

https://victrola.com/collections/acc...record-cleaner

It even looks like wood like the ones from the 1960s.

They're still around, never disappeared really. Juno sells a kit for £80, I'm not sure if I would trust the victrola thing, it doesn't say what is in those cleaning solution bottles.

I remember some people mentioning in here on how they use regular dish washing liquid for their records.

Quote Originally Posted by Manu View Post
    Lol, I am literally just back from HMV, having seen those again. The review is quite condescending, because these are real nasty in the fles-... plastic.
    To be fair they are marketed as cheap turntables. So it's OK for them to look and feel cheap.

I think it's when you hit about the $400 mark that you should not look or feel cheap. Which Victrola is guilty of with their $900 Jukebox.

Quote Originally Posted by Manu View Post
    They're still around, never disappeared really. Juno sells a kit for £80, I'm not sure if I would trust the victrola thing, it doesn't say what is in those cleaning solution bottles.
    I'm pretty sure it's like the ones from the 1960s and 1970s that didn't use any kind of cleaner.
    I quit using mine when my older brother told me they can scratch your records. Which was not true as long as you vacuumed out any dirt that might get in them.

edit:
    OK, I see it now. It does come with a liquid.
    The Victrola uses fabric instead of brushes.

It's not that hard to make your own.
    Just mix distilled water, isopropyl alcohol, and a few drops of Photo Flow.
    Last edited by Windows 95; 01-01-2019 at 11:46 AM.

This one actually looks pretty nice for $150.
    https://victrola.com/collections/woo...ayer-and-radio
    24:25

It looks like it has a wood cabinet, but it is probably just particle board with woodgrain shelf paper style plastic stuck on it.
    The holes for the (about) 3" speakers seem to be too visable, but that might just be the video's lighting.
    The tape player is its weakest feature.
    The turntable and tape player are extremely cheap quality.
    But the CD player looks like it is about the same quality as your average computer tower CD burner.

I can't really knock the quality of the cheap record player it uses as most record players from the 1950s would have been just as bad. (With the exception of it having less plastic and more metal.)

I can see buying this for someone who's not really into audio. Especially for someone over 50 or under 16.