Thread: Create a long echo /delay effect In Traktor

Create a long echo /delay effect In Traktor

I have recently been using rekordbox and it has a Echo effect that is mapped to a knob.

The echo effect with this quite long and can be heard even when you close the fader.
    For example if I am cutting up the words HIT IT., after I let the sample out, it will repeat hit it, hit it, hit it.... Even when I close the fader

I am now back using Traktor and want to use a similar effect. I have tried to use the Delay effect but when I let the sample "HIT IT" out when I close the fader the effect will stop.

Can I do what I wanna do here in Traktor? Can I make the effect longer and continue even with the fader closed?

TIA Bart

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bartjunited View Post
    Can I do what I wanna do here in Traktor? Can I make the effect longer and continue even with the fader closed?
    Traktor can do this. What you're asking to do is called using a pre-fader effect. I suggest using a single Delay (instead of using the 3x effects) so you can experiment with the parameters.

After selecting Delay on the effect, set the preference for that bank to be pre-fader instead of post-fader (which is the default). After that, experiment away. The one parameter you might like is called Freeze, which repeats the echo with little degradation.

After that, you should experiment with the other types of delay on Traktor.

Have fun!
    Last edited by KLH; 12-29-2018 at 07:44 AM.
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...

Thanks for that
    So do you mean use it in single mode rather than group so that i can manipulate the parameters?

Thanks for that
    So do you mean use it in single mode rather than group so that i can manipulate the parameters?

You get more parameters that way.. you can also route Traktor effects return to a separate output in the i/o configuration.

Not sure what you mean by route the effects return to another output.
    Pls give me an example of this
    Quote Originally Posted by efinque View Post
    You get more parameters that way.. you can also route Traktor effects return to a separate output in the i/o configuration.

Not sure what you mean by route the effects return to another output.
    Pls give me an example of this

https://support.native-instruments.c...cts-in-TRAKTOR

Check nr. 3.

Thanks buddy atm I'm using a ddj sx2 which won't have the outputs.
    However when I use my Z2 with 1210s I can look into this.

Thanks for the heads up though

IIRC, there are TSI mappings that you can download that allow for the DDJ-SX2 to be used with Traktor.
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...

Yes I have a a mapping from DJTT that I am using

You need a physical output and a dedicated channel for the effect itself.. like a FX loop.

I've been pondering a similar routing so I thought I'd share some ideas.. there are many ways you can achieve this.

Using pre/post-fader is just one of them.