Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Submissions Area - What's new

Sweet. Nice one Stripe. Thanks!

PS: Just noticed it's not possible to go back and edit the prefix after a mix is posted. Is that correct or am I doing something wrong?

hrm. not sure if you can. But, I tracked them down and changed them to various for you.

Thank you kindly good sir. :tipshat:

should be good now, in the future pls post any issues in the site discussion are

Quote Originally Posted by [O/][iii][O/] View Post
    Hello - May I suggest adding a prefix option for "Multi-genre" or perhaps "Various". I just posted up a few mixes today and struggled to find an appropriate prefix since the content contains several multiple primary genres and I would presume others here would may be submitting the same type of mixes and find a prefix like one of the ones I mentioned helpful for classification.

$0.02 and some pocket lint.
    could use the 'Other' tag, if you have the tracklist & info below the link.

Quote Originally Posted by dlove View Post
    could use the 'Other' tag, if you have the tracklist & info below the link.
    The purpose of the prefix is to function as a quick indicator to users scanning the Mix Submission area what type of mix is contained within each posting without having to first individually open each thread and read detailed track info in the OP. This makes for a much more efficient browsing experience.

That being said....

The prefix "Other" indicates a genre other than one that is already listed.

The prefixes "Multi-genre" or "Various" indicate a number of genres combined that are already listed (and could also include those unlisted as well).

This is why "Multi-genre" or "Various" is a more accurate, better description prefix than "Other" for multi-genre/various mixes, and why "Other" is the perfect description prefix for mixes other than what's listed.

Quote Originally Posted by Stripe View Post
    Thread prefixes:
    (we are not breaking things down to a million sub-genres........)
    I dont really see any issues with having an in-depth list of options.

Also, I'm probably still the only Hard Trance fan around here, but maybe you can show a little love for the harder genres by at least adding Hard Dance? I've never liked that label but I admit it does do a good job of compiling a majority of the sub-genres under one umbrella. I'm not spending every waking hour on here any more though so its no big deal if you dont want to add that. Just offering up a suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by paulash69 View Post
    Hi
    Do you remember on the old site that we had a sticky from Preston Young for tips on submitting mixes here? If that's still around, it would be great to get it re-posted?
    Thanks!! =] .......Alas, all data from the old forum was deleted, but I'm sure if Stripe feels the need for such a thread, he can whip something up though.

Just a idea, but how would you guys feel about making some changes to the rules of the submissions forum...

My thought you shouldn't be able to post a link for a mix unless you have left feedback on atleast 1 maybe 2 other posts, so before posting the mix just show links to the post you left feed on...

Seems lately a lot of posts but never any feed/comments on posts already made.

Again just my 2 cents....
    http://www.mixcrate.com/djflomatic
    http://soundcloud.com/djflomatic
    www.twitter.com/djflomatic

I do like this idea a lot. I used to post on a different non-related forum where that was the case. The ratio was 3 reviews for 1 mix submission. If the mods think it's possible, we should definitely have something like this on djf as well, as it will increase the number of reviews. Also, maybe a word minimum in the mix submission forum longer than the normal one? You dont get much out of a comment such as "I liked it".

Quote Originally Posted by rosnevav View Post
    I do like this idea a lot. I used to post on a different non-related forum where that was the case. The ratio was 3 reviews for 1 mix submission. If the mods think it's possible, we should definitely have something like this on djf as well, as it will increase the number of reviews. Also, maybe a word minimum in the mix submission forum longer than the normal one? You dont get much out of a comment such as "I liked it".
    agreed
    http://www.mixcrate.com/djflomatic
    http://soundcloud.com/djflomatic
    www.twitter.com/djflomatic