Thread: Speaker and DBX 260 Setup

Speaker and DBX 260 Setup

Looking for some help! I have a DBX Driverack 260 that I am trying to set-up. Having issues on the DBX side, but i will get it figured out eventually. Checking if anyone has any advice about crossover settings.
    Here are the speakers i have, and for all intensive purposes i am setting up the DBX having them all in use. I am looking for a very solid punch in the bass while being as clean and clear as possible.

2x - JBL EON 515xt's - 625 watts. Freq Range: 39 Hz - 20 Hz
    2x - JBL EON 615's - 1000 watts. Freq Range: 39 Hz - 20 Hz
    3x - JBL PRX 818XLF - 1500 watts. Freq Range: 30 Hz - 103 Hz

Any advise on the cross over and step range i should set-up in the DBX? (also gain controls i should set on the speakers)?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by racingexpectations View Post
    Any advise on the cross over and step range i should set-up in the DBX? (also gain controls i should set on the speakers)?
    The Driverack is mostly redundant here as 2 of the 3 speakers systems have built-in crossover functions so if you're not using the 515s at some events you won't need it. The subs have a non defeatably 80hz 24db LR crossover so that is what you need setup in the driverack but don't connect the subs to it go straight from the mixer to them, do connect the EONs to the high pass outputs of the driverack. Set the gains on the subs to maximum and with typical source material playing at about +4 on the mixers main output meters bring up the gains on the EON to produce balanced sound to your ear. For maximum sub impact cluster them together do not separate the boxes.
    Last edited by conanski; 12-15-2018 at 11:11 AM.
    Paul O'Brien
    Old Tech Guy
    www.Techott.com

What conanski said. And "for all intents and purposes"

My advise would be to sell the drive rack. It's simply not needed.