Thread: Remote Control for NUMARK NDX500 Media Player

Question Remote Control for NUMARK NDX500 Media Player

I just added ventriloquism to my act. I have a NUMARK NDX500. I'll be strolling through the audience and need a concealed remote control in my pocket
    to stop/resume the playing of a track several times as it's being played on the NUMARK. What do I need to do/purchase to accomplish this? Thanks. Sandy

There is no remote control for this device. Buy a media player that is controlled by a bluetooth remote.

Quote Originally Posted by Manu View Post
    There is no remote control for this device. Buy a media player that is controlled by a bluetooth remote.
    I usually connect my media player's RCA line outs to my mixer's RCA tape in's. My PA is a JBL Eon One Pro tower that does have bluetooth capability but never used it.
    Do I have an option for using my current equipment and doing bluetooth remote cuing via the PA? I'd still need a remote control. The PA has an RCA input channel also.
    Last edited by KLH; 12-06-2018 at 08:48 AM. Reason: Fixed quote tag

Welcome to DJF, SandyE!

Quote Originally Posted by SandyE View Post
    I just added ventriloquism to my act... What do I need to do/purchase to accomplish this?
    Another DJ crouching low behind the DJ table? I don't mean to belittle other's ideas, but I have to ask why you want to do this?

I usually connect my media player's RCA line outs to my mixer's RCA tape in's. My PA is a JBL Eon One Pro tower that does have bluetooth capability but never used it.
    Wait, what?

Why not use your mixer's line ins on the appropriate channels as the mixer is designed to do? What's the gain of using the RCA tape inputs? What is your mixer?

Do I have an option for using my current equipment and doing bluetooth remote cuing via the PA? I'd still need a remote control. The PA has an RCA input channel also.
    What model is your PA? Most PA speakers with BT features use a mobile device for control.

The entire thread has me scratching my head wondering what the purpose of this is. It runs counter to the typical DJ setup that is designed for minimal disruption. Using BT at the PA and connecting decks via alternate methods seems to detract from stability.
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...

You obviously can tell I'm not a sound pro, and even being called a sound newbie might be stretching the truth a bit.
    I'm a part time amateur performer. When I purchase sound equipment I basically open the box, plug it in,
    dig through my box of cables, and eventually wind up getting sound. I file the owner's manuals most times without even taking them out of the
    cellophane. So how do I use my equipment? I (and sometimes "we") mainly perform at nursing homes, hospitals, and at our local cancer center.
    One gig I might do magic and ventriloquism, another I'll do karaoke or a "sock hop".
    I'll also play guitar and sing solo. I'm part of a quartet (vocalists and guitar/mandolin), and lastly part of a larger
    group of 16 other volunteer musicians (of all types of instruments) where we many times have to crowd ourselves and sound equipment in
    the corner of a room. I joined this forum because I wanted your advice on my use of the DXN500 for ventriloquism. When I perform solo
    I don't like to just stand up front. Many in the audience can't see very well. Strolling and bringing the "action" up close brings more smiles.
    I'm apologize if I inappropriately intruded in this forum. No, I'm not a DJ, yes, I don't know sound. No excuse though. I need to learn.
    Did a quartet gig two evenings ago and we couldn't even hear each other very well despite the fact that I brought in 4 mics, two stage monitors,
    my Mackie MS1202 mixer, my DXN500, my PA, and a guitar amp. Can't do a sound "re-check" once you start a performance. I understand why you're scratching your heads. Instead of wasting your time I need to first educate myself.
    Thanks for your replies. Good wake-up call for me, Sandy