Thread: Recording mix with DB4 / Ableton Live 10 / Mac OS Mojave

Threaded View

Lightbulb Recording mix with DB4 / Ableton Live 10 / Mac OS Mojave

Hi all,

new member / first time poster here, I been dj'ing 'seriously' for about 4 years now.

This thread is for anyone who records straight from their mixer via a USB into a DAW who use MAC OS MOJAVE.

I recently upgraded to Mojave (stupidly), after then I had to get a new ableton, and now everytime I record a mix sometimes it'll glitch out for like 10-15 seconds in the recording maybe 3-4 times in a 45 min period and just sound all broken/distorted. I tried messing with the latency settings to make sure everything would be fine and it still happened.

What I'm curious to know is could this be an OS issue? I tried it with a different Ableton and had the same thing. I never had this problem with the OS before (I think I was on El Capitan before) - e.g do Allen & Heath drivers for the DB4 not really work with OS Mojave or could it be another issue? I feel like if it was the cable it would be a constant issue.

I have to do some further testing but yeah

I may try recording via audacity but unsure if that'll work!

Any input welcome, I couldnt find a thread with answers on this site but I'm new here so maybe I just didn't find it lol!

Anyway here's my mixes - [URL] link removed - please see rules/URL]

Thanks

Ryan
    Last edited by Manu; 12-05-2018 at 02:03 PM. Reason: link removed - please see rules