Thread: Recording mix with DB4 / Ableton Live 10 / Mac OS Mojave

Hybrid View

Lightbulb Recording mix with DB4 / Ableton Live 10 / Mac OS Mojave

Hi all,

new member / first time poster here, I been dj'ing 'seriously' for about 4 years now.

This thread is for anyone who records straight from their mixer via a USB into a DAW who use MAC OS MOJAVE.

I recently upgraded to Mojave (stupidly), after then I had to get a new ableton, and now everytime I record a mix sometimes it'll glitch out for like 10-15 seconds in the recording maybe 3-4 times in a 45 min period and just sound all broken/distorted. I tried messing with the latency settings to make sure everything would be fine and it still happened.

What I'm curious to know is could this be an OS issue? I tried it with a different Ableton and had the same thing. I never had this problem with the OS before (I think I was on El Capitan before) - e.g do Allen & Heath drivers for the DB4 not really work with OS Mojave or could it be another issue? I feel like if it was the cable it would be a constant issue.

I have to do some further testing but yeah

I may try recording via audacity but unsure if that'll work!

Any input welcome, I couldnt find a thread with answers on this site but I'm new here so maybe I just didn't find it lol!

Anyway here's my mixes - [URL] link removed - please see rules/URL]

Thanks

Ryan
    Last edited by Manu; 12-05-2018 at 02:03 PM. Reason: link removed - please see rules

Welcome to DJF. Try it out with Audacity and let us know what happens
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...

Greetings Ryan,

IME, Audacity won't work with any MacOS post El Capitan because they (the developers of Audacity) haven't updated it to 64-bit yet. However, you should have another free programme that you can use to record your sets, it's called Garageband.

I don't use Ableton (I tried it when it first came out and found it counter intuitive for the way that I worked, so I dropped it and never went back) but they have a very good reputation among the people that do use it and, I expect, they have a very good support mechanism, so you might want to contact them directly. Break a leg.

Talking DB4 and Mojave

Quote Originally Posted by DJ SagePay View Post
    Hi all,

new member / first time poster here, I been dj'ing 'seriously' for about 4 years now.

This thread is for anyone who records straight from their mixer via a USB into a DAW who use MAC OS MOJAVE.

I recently upgraded to Mojave (stupidly), after then I had to get a new ableton, and now everytime I record a mix sometimes it'll glitch out for like 10-15 seconds in the recording maybe 3-4 times in a 45 min period and just sound all broken/distorted. I tried messing with the latency settings to make sure everything would be fine and it still happened.

What I'm curious to know is could this be an OS issue? I tried it with a different Ableton and had the same thing. I never had this problem with the OS before (I think I was on El Capitan before) - e.g do Allen & Heath drivers for the DB4 not really work with OS Mojave or could it be another issue? I feel like if it was the cable it would be a constant issue.

I have to do some further testing but yeah

I may try recording via audacity but unsure if that'll work!

Any input welcome, I couldnt find a thread with answers on this site but I'm new here so maybe I just didn't find it lol!

Anyway here's my mixes - [URL] link removed - please see rules/URL]

Thanks

Ryan

Hi Ryan,

Hope all is well. The DB4 drivers where not compatible with Mojave until recently. (Jan19). This is why you are experiencing the issues you encountered. Visit link below.

https://www.allen-heath.com/media/XDB4_v3311_SRN_iss6.pdf.

Also can i ask what DJ software you are using? Does it not have a record function? or are you outputing individual channels from USB to Ableton?

Regards

Andy.

Recording mix with DB4 / Ableton Live 10 / Mac OS Mojave

freeze or flatten as much as possible, which you should do anyway. its always better to mix down with audio rather than midi

Thread is from 2018, and OP did not come back since

12-05-2018 07:22 PM
    No point answering a person who is not here.

Thread closed.