Thread: Best beginner controller to buy?

Best beginner controller to buy?

Hi all, i want to start djing and was wondering which is the best controller? I was looking at the DDJ-RB as it is cheap however i can't seem to find many reviews on it. I also was looking at the SB3 which seems to be a better option however it is more expensive and doesnt come with software? Any ideas on which would be best or other suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by lukepalmerrrr View Post
    Hi all, i want to start djing and was wondering which is the best controller? I was looking at the DDJ-RB as it is cheap however i can't seem to find many reviews on it. I also was looking at the SB3 which seems to be a better option however it is more expensive and doesnt come with software? Any ideas on which would be best or other suggestions?
    Actually... The DDJ-RB is about $20 more than the DDJ-SB3, but the RB comes with a Rekordbox license. The SB3 comes with Serato DJ Lite, with an option to upgrade to the Pro version. Serato DJ Lite has all you need to get started, but you’ll eventually want to upgrade if you stick with DJing. Either would be a good choice, but with the license for Rekordbox included, the RB would seem to be the better deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use, and like My Numark NVII 4 channel serato mixer, with on screen displays to select music

Don't forget if you save more and buy better, it will retain more resale value when you upgrade, people often forget that.

Denon, Numark will give you more for less but Numark won't retain resale due to 'name'.

When I bought my latest controller it was between the Pioneer DDJ1000, Denon MC7000 and the Numark NS6 2. All are extremely competitively priced, even though very different in price. When the Denon dropped for cheaper than the Numark on promo it was an obvious choice to go Denon. I'll also add... their customer service puts Pioneer to shame, good luck finding parts cheap from them, parts that will need replacing.