Thread: Need new Macbook Pro Battery Replacement for Late 2011 Model & a few other mods

Need new Macbook Pro Battery Replacement for Late 2011 Model & a few other mods

Hey all,
    I am hoping to get some help with this. So I have a late 2011 MacBook Pro Late 2011 15" that i use for DJing. I have no intentions of upgrading the model but want to improve performance. I have updated the ram to 16GB and this was done approximately 2 years ago.

One big issue is the battery. I attempted to go to the Apple Store but they told me my Macbook is "vintage" and no longer have the parts to replace the battery. On that note can anyone make any reputable recommendations for replacements? I cannot afford to have issues with this computer

Additionally, I am looking at upgrading the HD. It is currently a 750GB HD that was installed when I initially purchased it, but am looking at upgrading possibly to Samsung EVO 850 SSD 1TB. Does anyone have thoughts on this? Or if there may be a better model?

Lastly, my Macbook gets warm (to what I consider hot) on the left side near the speaker. Not sure if there is actually anything wrong but would appreciate if anyone can make any suggestions of what that could be.

With my DJ program there is some lag and ultimately that is why I am looking to make these upgrades.

Any & all help is much appreciated
    Thanks in advance
    Jimmy

Need new Macbook Pro Battery Replacement for Late 2011 Model & a few other mods

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Miro View Post
    Hey all,
    I am hoping to get some help with this. So I have a late 2011 MacBook Pro Late 2011 15" that i use for DJing. I have no intentions of upgrading the model but want to improve performance. I have updated the ram to 16GB and this was done approximately 2 years ago.

One big issue is the battery. I attempted to go to the Apple Store but they told me my Macbook is "vintage" and no longer have the parts to replace the battery. On that note can anyone make any reputable recommendations for replacements? I cannot afford to have issues with this computer

Additionally, I am looking at upgrading the HD. It is currently a 750GB HD that was installed when I initially purchased it, but am looking at upgrading possibly to Samsung EVO 850 SSD 1TB. Does anyone have thoughts on this? Or if there may be a better model?

Lastly, my Macbook gets warm (to what I consider hot) on the left side near the speaker. Not sure if there is actually anything wrong but would appreciate if anyone can make any suggestions of what that could be.

With my DJ program there is some lag and ultimately that is why I am looking to make these upgrades.

Any & all help is much appreciated
    Thanks in advance
    Jimmy
    The first two are easy... The battery can be obtained on Amazon.com. Pick the vendor with the best rating. 5 stars doesn’t necessarily mean they’re reputable, but it’s about as good of an indication as you’re gonna get these days. Samsung makes GREAT SSD’s. Too bad you didn’t take advantage of Black Friday sales, because I saw that 1TB drive on sale for an excellent price.

As for the heat... that one is a little tougher. If it’s a new phenomenon, then you might have a fan issue. Only way to know is to open it up and look. If you’re not good at that sort of thing, you can check YouTube for a HOW TO video, or take it to a good computer repair place. Good luck.😊

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by DJ Bobcat; 11-28-2018 at 09:37 AM.

Biggest problem with the battery is getting one that’s reputable and won’t be problematic. Yes there are a lot available but more so what is actually worth buying because everyone recommends using original Apple batteries

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Miro View Post
    Biggest problem with the battery is getting one that’s reputable and won’t be problematic. Yes there are a lot available but more so what is actually worth buying because everyone recommends using original Apple batteries
    If you can’t get one from Apple anymore, 3rd Party is really your best bet. The price varies from around $30-$60, so it’s not like it would be a HUGE loss. Nobody likes wasting money... I get that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Either way, you should have intentions, or at least a game plan, of upgrading the model.
    2011 is probably based on 2010 technology. So that's going on for 9 years.
    Laptops are depreciated to 0 value within about 3 years in a company...for non-professional use you can carry on till they break, as long as you have a back-up ready.
    You can keep upgrading the laptop bits, but even the SSD will be getting old soon as new laptops move towards M.2.

Only thing is new decent laptops are hella expensive these days...or is it that I'm just getting old.
    bored, curious, deaf or just bad taste in music?
    finally a mix by me
    and what's this, another shoddy mix...another dull mix

I got a replacement battery and a charger for my Macbook from Subtel (as recommended by a computer tech I know) some years ago.. at first I ordered the battery because I thought it was the cause, didn't solve the problem as it was the charger instead. I too had upgraded the RAM.

So you should check them out for 3rd party accesories. Shipping times etc are fast and the service is good.