Thread: Anyone here using Reason?

Anyone here using Reason?

I have been using Reason from version 2 and now have the latest version (10.2.)
    It feels great to make music with it. I made a feature suggestion to the Props and asked if they'd add a DJ mode to it.

Reason 10.3 is in BETA. They have improved CPU handling for VST's and also the core CPU handling, cool!

Quote Originally Posted by Heigen5 View Post
    I have been using Reason from version 2
    That avatar pic can't be you then - way too young lol.

I've also been using Reason, on and off, since version 2 although didn't upgrade to 10 so I am running v9 currently. I haven't been doing much with music in the last couple of years but I always thought Reason was seriously underrated. Most I have used it to create parts and then record them in to Ableton Live to play with.

Reason 11 includes a VST version of the Reason Rack. It will be very interesting to see how people use that. Should be much more convenient than reWire, although I am not exactly sure how it will work with your chosen DAW's sequencer. Maybe a different rack for each channel you want to use?

I've never thought about using it for DJing. A "redejay" rack device could be kind cool I guess, with the option to build your own effects and mixer routings. Difficult to imagine how you'd manage a library of music in it though.

Wow i just realised how old this thread is. Knocked a bit of dust off I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Beep View Post
    Wow i just realised how old this thread is. Knocked a bit of dust off I think.
    Yeah thread necromancy isn't looked upon very well by the mangement here. Please try to keep stuff relevant and feel free to start new threads to discuss ideas if you want.

bored, curious, deaf or just bad taste in music?
    finally a mix by me
    and what's this, another shoddy mix...another dull mix

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Beep View Post
    That avatar pic can't be you then - way too young lol.

I've also been using Reason, on and off, since version 2 although didn't upgrade to 10 so I am running v9 currently. I haven't been doing much with music in the last couple of years but I always thought Reason was seriously underrated. Most I have used it to create parts and then record them in to Ableton Live to play with.

Reason 11 includes a VST version of the Reason Rack. It will be very interesting to see how people use that. Should be much more convenient than reWire, although I am not exactly sure how it will work with your chosen DAW's sequencer. Maybe a different rack for each channel you want to use?

I've never thought about using it for DJing. A "redejay" rack device could be kind cool I guess, with the option to build your own effects and mixer routings. Difficult to imagine how you'd manage a library of music in it though.
    Actually I'm 42 so I started to use Reason when I was 22 years old. And this pic is about 9 years old. Anyway, Reason 12 user here now, or actually I'm a monthly subscriber now. I made a suggestion that Reason should get a Dj mode, so we could live Dj. Maybe it'll be added at some point, maybe not.

I used it many years ago, I think it was around 2002. I was at music college. I still remember it very well. Bet it has changed a lot now. Would be interested to try it again some time.

Quote Originally Posted by firesoundwave View Post
    I used it many years ago, I think it was around 2002. I was at music college. I still remember it very well. Bet it has changed a lot now. Would be interested to try it again some time.
    I stopped buying upgrades for it and became a Reason+ subscriber. It's costs 19,99€ per month. As you get every single Reason device then, it's not a big bargain. I've been a Reason user since 2002.