Thread: Music Sources

Music Sources

Hello all!

Came across this forum recently and decided to join. Seems like a welcoming place for music lovers and probably DJs? Heh.

I mix tracks on a wide spectrum of electronic music, mostly leaning in the Deep Tech, Progressive side of things.

What do you guys use for your source of music to mix with? In good quality of course (at least 320).

I also like to support the economy that flows in this industry. However for a DJ like me, who so far is taking this on a hobby approach, I wonder if there are ways to still get access to those good record label tracks, without having to buy each track individually?(it adds up, really easy lol).

I saw some subscription services that allow you to download in good quality, but the library is limited. And to elaborate on setup, Traktor is my go-to. All the way.

Happy to hear your thoughts and meeting you all.

Welcome........
    1) Contract, Contract, Contract!

2) Join VIP & support DJF: http://www.djforums.com/forums/payments.php

Beatport, Traxsource, Juno download for House music

DJCity, DMS are great all new trending music

Helpful responses guys. Thanks!

The exact kind of post I thought there would already be somewhere on here. Thanks Manu : )

I'm totally with you when it comes to score a bunch of tracks on one album instead of buying individually. I think it's utterly disgraceful of all those record labels to promise cheaper music because mp3 does not cost (almost) anything to retail, but then each individual track will add up to cost more than if you had a CD full of tracks, not to mention on a lossless format.

There is also Discogs if you need to search for hard to find records/ CDs.
    Last edited by Manu; 11-19-2018 at 07:24 AM.

Bandcamp is the first place I look.

I love soundcloud for inspiration. The main reason, it allows me to discover the underground, not so big, or up and coming producers. I love to support them, help promote them, and show them love. Beatport is nice, a lot of the commercial music on their is not that good, and have to dig deep and search hard. Youtube not for downloading, but searching is something that i enjoy using as well