Thread: Numark Mixtrack Platinum vs Denon MC4000

Numark Mixtrack Platinum vs Denon MC4000

Hi all

I am new to this forum and this is my first post, so thanx in advance for any advice and tips.

So, years ago I used to DJ with 1210's and although I still have the vinyl up in the attic the decks went when the first child came along.

Well now we have a bigger house and somewhere for me to have a music room again I would like to get back into mixing. Insrtead of going back down the 1210's and vinyl route I thought I would give the DDJ's a go. The simplicity of not having much gear strikes me as a bonus and not having boxes and boxes of records is also good.

I have been looking online and seem to have narrowed it down to either the Numark Mixtrack Platinum or the Denon MC4000. Being new to this I am trying to decipher which would best suit my needs and be the best buy. So if any of you guys have had experience with either or both of the above I would love to hear your thoughts, likes and dislikes.

Cheers
    Craig

Welcome to DJF, craig808! If you get a chance, introduce yourself in the Intro section.

Both are great controllers to start out on. You will likely outgrow both well within 12-24 months with one of the upper end Pioneer or Denon controllers... if you stay with controllers.

Back to today, the MC4000 offers more features that may appeal more to you once you're back in the swing of things (multiple mics, aux device). As such, you'll use the MC4000 longer before you'll want replace it.

Said differently, if you go with the MTP, you'll want to replace it somewhere in 6-9 months. If you go with the MC4000, you'll want to replace it in 12-18 months.
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...

Hi KLH

The more I research them both the more I think that I would go for the MC4000. However, I have also now been looking at the MC6000 as it isn't that much more money...hmm choices

I'd go for the MC6000; it's a beast that you'll grow into as opposed to the others where you will grow out of.
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...

LOVE my Denon MC6000MK2’s (I own two). I have two rack systems (one large and one small), and both have an MC6000MK2 mounted in the top. That’s the good part (rack-mountable), as there are not many options for controllers that mount in a 19 inch rack. The down side... the controller is only 17 inches wide without the rack ears, so it’s pretty compact. I’m gonna move away from rack systems in the near future, so I’m thinkin’ about a MC7000. Main reason... larger size and dual USB. If you have a backup computer, which I do, it’s nice to be able to hook up both computers to the controller, rather than having to switch connections if you have a computer freeze-up or crash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So there's a lot of love for the MC6000 then!

Coming from vinyl/decks I am still trying to get my head around everything that these controllers can do. What is it that the 6000 does better than the 4000 - is it a lot or a little?

I used to do quite a lot of gigs but I can't imagine that happening again. I may do the odd ones but the majority of my mixing will be either at my house or my friends. Would this sway your decision any more on which one you would purchase?

Cheers for your help guys

Quote Originally Posted by craig808 View Post
    So there's a lot of love for the MC6000 then!

Coming from vinyl/decks I am still trying to get my head around everything that these controllers can do. What is it that the 6000 does better than the 4000 - is it a lot or a little?
    Well... MC4000 is cheaper, lighter, and only 2 Channels. MC6000 has 4 Channels and is just a little more of everything (more features). But the MC6000MK2 is about twice the price, so if two decks is all ya need, the MC4000 is a good option.

DJ Bobcat, I need to have a proper look and compare the 2 I suppose. But with being new to controllers the terminology etc is a little lost on me.

I don't need loads of connections and it doesn't need to be totally geared up to being gigged every weekend.

Large pitch sliders (for beat matching), good effects and good loop ability is what I'm looking for I suppose. I think 4 decks would be nice to have but not essential.

I just wouldn't want to outgrow the MC4000 quickly and find myself needing to upgrade.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Numark Mixtrack Platinum vs Denon MC4000

Quote Originally Posted by craig808 View Post
    DJ Bobcat, I need to have a proper look and compare the 2 I suppose. But with being new to controllers the terminology etc is a little lost on me.

I don't need loads of connections and it doesn't need to be totally geared up to being gigged every weekend.

Large pitch sliders (for beat matching), good effects and good loop ability is what I'm looking for I suppose. I think 4 decks would be nice to have but not essential.

I just wouldn't want to outgrow the MC4000 quickly and find myself needing to upgrade.

Sounds to me like you need to invest in a good used controller. When I’m unsure about the long-term viability of a piece of gear I’m considering, rather than buy new and lose a lot of money on it, I try to find a good used one. I did that with my Pioneer DDJ-T1. Got a great deal, and the original owner took the depreciation. Plus it was still like new.

So right now there’s a really nice MC4000 on eBay for $300 plus shipping. If you read the description, this is like a new controller (plus Odyssey case and unused Serato software code). I’d jump on it because you can resell it later if you want to upgrade and come out of it with getting use of the controller for next to nothing. Good luck...

Denon MC4000 2-channel DJ Controller (WITH CASE AND 50% OF SERATO) https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F163360703261

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by DJ Bobcat; 11-10-2018 at 02:33 PM.

So, in the end I went for the MC6000 Mk2. Very capable bit of kit, sounds great and is well made.

Now for some monitors 😉