Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Survey - hearing loss

Quote Originally Posted by mitchiemasha View Post
    Your ears getting damaged doesn't discriminate towards sound quality. If the professional event is louder (which it often is) it will do more damage. A small system is going to sound very bad at much lower volumes and due to the irritation of the harsh harmonics, you're much more likely to vacate the area sooner.
    I've played with some great soundsystems, and the levels from the booth are low enough to be able to chat quite naturally, without shouting, while the dancefloor experiences the bass coming out of their eyelashes. The point I'm trying to make is, there's no need to crank the booth up, and if you do, it's your own fault. I can see legislation ahead, which only means more tax and legal demands for the clubs.

Thanks benevs, I try to put on headphones only when I'm mixing and not just for listening to music. Anyway I play only at home and I get the experience from my work. I am sure its different to play in a club for the acoustics and audience.

I need better knobs for volume faders. I use DDJ-1000, is there any way to get better than factory knobs.
    Last edited by DJ Syfer; 03-02-2019 at 12:56 PM.