Thread: First ever computer music

First ever computer music

bored, curious, deaf or just bad taste in music?
    finally a mix by me
    and what's this, another shoddy mix...another dull mix

Great find. I was going back in time thru electronic music's histories, listening to the innovators, and I've decided that the three components that gave rise to modern electronic music, the stuff we enjoy today, were the sequencer, the sampler, and the voltage controller filter (on a synthesizer). The VCF gave us the electronic sound, the sampler gave us the other sounds, and the sequencer (and later, the computer/DAW etc) gave us the repetitious rhythm.
    My production tips thread. On my production philosophy, techniques, and concepts
    http://www.djforums.com/forums/showt...roduction-Tips

Brits have pioneered a lot of stuff within the electronic music industry.

I think the next step will be people with no musical knowledge being able to create music with a combination of DAW & AI.

Much like how you can create something that sounds like a dozen musicians with just a DAW, a midi-keyboard, and some musical knowledge.

In the future, I can see humming or sounding out the notes into a microphone. And a DAW translating those sounds into midi-notes. With an AI lining up each tack with a beat so it's all in key & sounds melodic.
    But the number of US Supreme Court judges was always 6.
    Then it was 5, then 6, then 7, then 9, then 10, then 7, and then 9.

Quote Originally Posted by Windows 95 View Post
    I think the next step will be people with no musical knowledge being able to create music with a combination of DAW & AI.

Much like how you can create something that sounds like a dozen musicians with just a DAW, a midi-keyboard, and some musical knowledge.

In the future, I can see humming or sounding out the notes into a microphone. And a DAW translating those sounds into midi-notes. With an AI lining up each tack with a beat so it's all in key & sounds melodic.
    Personally I'm mesmerised by what people can do with musical technology the more advanced it gets. If AI kicks off I'm sure people will use it ways that require tons of talent and it will not take any of the musical ability away.
    For example check out the stuff the Japanese do with Electone organs.

bored, curious, deaf or just bad taste in music?
    finally a mix by me
    and what's this, another shoddy mix...another dull mix

Banned
    Very interesting mini docu. Thanks for sharing !

Just a matter of time before Cyberdyne Systems creates Skynet and deems humans irrelevant...

oh - and the Matrix, too
    Unforgiving, unrelenting, unrecoverable double beats!

Once the wife and kid are asleep... the DJ awakens