Thread: A Noob Q about Serato and my old mixer

A Noob Q about Serato and my old mixer

Hi all. Is it possible to use my old 4ch analogue mixer with Serato Dj without DVS? (I haven't got any decks at the moment) I'am aware that in order to connect to Serato I need an external box like Denon Ds or Rane Sl. What else should I get in order to control the software( play,cue, pitch bend, fx control, track selection)? From what I saw on Yt, it looks like Xone K1 or Akai Afx gonna solve this problem, but Iam not sure, as I've never used Serato etc before. Thanks.

Sheeeeesh! Before you put yourself through all this pain, how about downloading this (for free) and see if you even like it!
    https://serato.com/dj/lite

Quote Originally Posted by Hanginon View Post
    Sheeeeesh! Before you put yourself through all this pain, how about downloading this (for free) and see if you even like it!
    https://serato.com/dj/lite
    Thanks, Hanginon, I've already seen many tutorials about the software. I'am just lookin for the cheapest way to hook up my mixer to Serato. Is it really so painful?

The cheapest way in, that I'm aware of, is the DJ2Go2 at about £60 in the UK. It comes bundled with Lite and works with Pro if you decide to upgrade. If you're planning on using DVS at some point, then the Akai AMX (not AFX) is the cheapest option at around £185 in the UK, but be aware that while it includes DJ Pro, the DVS expansion is a paid extra plus you'll have to factor in the cost of control vinyl (often included with other options, e.g. the Denon DS1). However, you can use the AMX as a controller while you're saving up for turntables and/or CDJ's/media players. HTH

Quote Originally Posted by Spy View Post
    The cheapest way in, that I'm aware of, is the DJ2Go2 at about £60 in the UK. It comes bundled with Lite and works with Pro if you decide to upgrade. If you're planning on using DVS at some point, then the Akai AMX (not AFX) is the cheapest option at around £185 in the UK, but be aware that while it includes DJ Pro, the DVS expansion is a paid extra plus you'll have to factor in the cost of control vinyl (often included with other options, e.g. the Denon DS1). However, you can use the AMX as a controller while you're saving up for turntables and/or CDJ's/media players. HTH
    Tnx for an advice,Spy.I've decided to make things simple and get a Serato controller Denon 6000mk2 with full Serato Dj. Hope I've made the right choice. It's a pity, that I can't use my well trusted mixer for that purpose