Thread: what set

what set

I started working with some hobby DJ a few months ago.
    here I bought a small pioneer serato mixing table and it is super fun to do.
    however, I find working with a computer not very practical and am therefore looking for a stand-alone set-up.

I have looked at 2 options:
    1: Pioneer XDJ-RX2
    2: denon prime set.

I am quite new in the DJ world but I want good stuff, will not start running outside the door (should learn first)

Would it be a wise choice to start with a prime set?

Yes and no. IF you stay with DJing and grow into the setup and either the XDJ-RX2 or Denon Prime set would be cheaper in the long-run because you wouldn't be buying and selling many setups inbetween.

Then again, there are people, like me, who say that you shouldn't invest deeply into a setup until you know what you want to do (i.e. turntables, samples, video, multiple-decks, playing from flashdrives, etc.).

You're going to have to decide how much you want to spend up front. Given that, this community will be happy to help you spend wisely.
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...

Pioneer-Serato is one of the most used hardware and software right now in the DJ world so practicing on those are helpful for future gigs. I would prefer pioneer over denon overall.

I would rather save up a bit more money and go for something like this https://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-XDJ-7...ywords=XDJ+700 this is a similar setup that you find in most clubs.

But it is pricy and I would also wait for a budget to know what to recommend.