Thread: What directly compares to the Yorkville NX55p and LS801p Speakers?

What directly compares to the Yorkville NX55p and LS801p Speakers?

Every October I borrow a friends NX55p tops and 1 LS801p subwoofer for a number of 250-450 college outdoor parties and every time I'm done I immediately want to buy them.

I just haven't heard anything come close to the output of these and while he is willing to sell them, they are in rough shape and the LS801 is extremely awkward fit for transportation. I'd actually use 2 but its one of the rare subs I can't transport two of. All of the control knobs have bends in them and don't work correctly and one top has a crack in the cabinet; they have had a rough rental life. He'd probably give me a heck of a deal. A deal good enough to ignore those issues but there just has to be something in the last few years that is better.

Is there any similar (newer) setup that has similar output (particularly the LS801)? Ideally I want something better "shaped" than the LS801 with a similar output.

Quote Originally Posted by Defiance View Post
    Is there any similar (newer) setup that has similar output (particularly the LS801)? Ideally I want something better "shaped" than the LS801 with a similar output.
    The new Elite ES18p is the LS801p replacement apparently and it goes lower and is easier to move despite being larger. I have been trying to rent a pair since they came out but haven't had any luck yet. There are loads of boxes that outclass the nx55p now including JBL PRX 7 and 8 series, EV ELX, EKX, ETX series, Yorkville EF12p and Ps12p and lots more.
    Paul O'Brien
    Old Tech Guy
    www.Techott.com