Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Dangers of DJing

STDs

bored, curious, deaf or just bad taste in music?
    finally a mix by me
    and what's this, another shoddy mix...another dull mix

Condoms are not for ear protection.

Quote Originally Posted by pete View Post
    STDs

Quote Originally Posted by Manu View Post
    Condoms are not for ear protection.
    Yall aint right
    1) Contract, Contract, Contract!

2) Join VIP & support DJF: http://www.djforums.com/forums/payments.php

Quote Originally Posted by Spy View Post
    I've witnessed, though thankfully not experienced, DJ's getting physically attacked; one incident that stands out in my mind was someone applying the edge of a machete to a record and turntable, which only narrowly missed the DJ. I've also been in venues (yes, plural) where there were gun shots but, to my knowledge, not directly aimed at the DJ's in these cases. And, let's not forget the idiots that let off tear gas and other noxious substances in enclosed spaces.

@dlove, sorry to hear about that, I hope you'll achieve full recovery and that it's not too painful in the meantime.
    Alas that is the reality in London sometimes. There were places I wouldn't play. Luckily when I was playing out in London I was playing trance and hard house mainly so the gangster quota was nil. Those UK Garage and Grime nights though can be scary.

Quote Originally Posted by pete View Post
    STDs

hahahaha yes there is that.

I've had a few cases where I've done things sexually I later came to regret - no STDs luckily but more than my fair share of loons.

Quote Originally Posted by PerryCombover View Post
    Christ. How does that happen?
    was playing the night by myself so people were coming on stage to speak to me - this guy I knew from years ago came up, got a bit excited, lost his bearings and crashed-into the right monitor. It was my own fault, normally when people are wasted, I tell them to get off the stage but because I knew him from ages ago and hadn't seen him for ages, I allowed it. Incidentally, the record only jumped a tiny bit, and it wasn't scratched

Quote Originally Posted by BDC View Post
    THAT'S CRAZY! I hope you were compensated. Sounds like this was a hazardous work place.
    hahaha

I could lose a leg and I wouldn't sue the scene

I've witnessed, though thankfully not experienced, DJ's getting physically attacked; one incident that stands out in my mind was someone applying the edge of a machete to a record and turntable, which only narrowly missed the DJ. I've also been in venues (yes, plural) where there were gun shots but, to my knowledge, not directly aimed at the DJ's in these cases. And, let's not forget the idiots that let off tear gas and other noxious substances in enclosed spaces.

@dlove, sorry to hear about that, I hope you'll achieve full recovery and that it's not too painful in the meantime.
    Bloody Hell!

What happened when gunshots went off??? And what happened to the guy with the machete?

my wee story was from around 6-7 years ago; since then I've collected more scars...better to wear-out than rust-out

Quote Originally Posted by dlove View Post
    Bloody Hell!

What happened when gunshots went off??? And what happened to the guy with the machete?
    In at least one incident it led to a fatality, but to be honest, once the shots were fired I wasn't inclined to stick around to see the aftermath. The bloke with the machete, having got his point across (no pun) went about his business, and the DJ carried on (minus one record from his collection, of course).

Quote Originally Posted by dlove View Post
    my wee story was from around 6-7 years ago; since then I've collected more scars...better to wear-out than rust-out
    That's the spirit

The bloke with the machete, having got his point across (no pun) went about his business, and the DJ carried on (minus one record from his collection, of course).

so mad, I can't even think of a witty reply