Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Phase DVS devices

Quote Originally Posted by SlayForMoney View Post
    Also, coming from experience with Denon equipment that also (like the Phase) generates it's own version of timecode that "should" be compatible with Traktor/Serato/Rekordbox, don't be surprised when suddenly you start getting weird problems after a software update. Calibration failed, software pitch suddenly locks to -30%, software switches to int mode,....all problems solved by using a official timecode vinly/CD.
    I hadn't considered this, but you're right. I suppose it's similar to when Apple/Microsoft releases a new OS and the app needs to be updated to be compatible. Pain in the ass, sure; but it shouldn't be a deal-breaker.

I'm beginning to get excited about this... again.
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...

I think $350 is a fair price and may be a steal if the product performs as well as my Rane, Pioneer, and Technics products. If the technology cuts the mustard than think of the time and money saved vs current DVS systems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dont get me wrong, I'm not hating on Phase at all, just not sure if it's as game changing as some claim it to be.

As a matter of fact, I'm quite excited to see this out in the wild to see what its capable of in the right hands. Also if I was to finally make the switch from mainly vinyl to DVS, I'd certainly be interested in Phase. $350 for this tech is a steal IMO.

The writing is on the wall for us vinyl users if Phase takes off. With companies like Shure dropping their range of carts / styli, it may not be long for Ortofon to have the same idea. Maybe that's the game changer?
    Ya gotta love corn, it's one of the only foods that says good-bye.

Rep owed: DTR, Pete, KLH, mitchiemasha,

I just got mine 2 weeks ago. A few hiccups that need to be adjusted via firmware update, but other than that everything is good. Better to pay $399/pair than $700 for a rane 12
    DJ please... pick up your phone... I'm on the request line, line, line, line.....

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Spy View Post
    If I was a mobile DJ and/or gigging regularly, they would be a very interesting prospect indeed, especially as someone who is only accustomed to using turntables. One can probably obtain a Tutuapp 9Apps ShowBox very nice controller for similar money, so it might not be such an attention grabber for someone who comes from a media player/controller background. However, I suspect it's not really aimed at that group of DJ's anyway...
    Cheap in comparison to a NS7iii or a pair of Rane 12's but I see where you're coming from. However, if my understanding is correct, they're a relatively small company with only one other product on the market so they don't have the economy of scale that the likes of Numark, Rane, etc. do.
    Last edited by ZIMZIMOU; 07-12-2019 at 01:23 PM.

5 hrs without a hiccup

It's been about a month now. Does everyone still love these things?

EDIT: Did about 30m of reading/watching reviews. Seems that there are three issues:

1. Pitch doesn't hold. There is fluctuation in each transmitter. Some report +.2% and some are -0.4%.
    2. There's no way to calibrate to correct the fluctuation
    3. Firmware update is coming to correct the above issues, but it hasn't been released.

Other than those issues, owners seem pretty taken with the devices.
    Last edited by KLH; 08-13-2019 at 10:05 AM.
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...

Quote Originally Posted by KLH View Post

EDIT: Did about 30m of reading/watching reviews. Seems that there are three issues:

1. Pitch doesn't hold. There is fluctuation in each transmitter. Some report +.2% and some are -0.4%.
    2. There's no way to calibrate to correct the fluctuation
    3. Firmware update is coming to correct the above issues, but it hasn't been released.

Other than those issues, owners seem pretty taken with the devices.
    Thanks for bringing this back up. My 12s have busted tone arms. That and space issue are the reasons I haven't bothered to get new carts but this might be worth a buy for me.

Quote Originally Posted by farhanashraf View Post
    got it and love it!
    Love the sign.