Thread: Name the song

Smile Name the song

Hey guys. My first post ,woohoo.

I have a question: when you produce ,you're coming up with the title of the song straight away or after you finished your projects? Was very curious always about this aspect. Please share your experience.

Thank you.

Greetings panDem, and welcome from a fellow new member. I hope you enjoy your stay as much as I am.

When I used to make tracks I tried to imagine its end purpose, e.g. would it be a beat for a rapper and if so, did I have a particular artist in mind? So, depending on the end purpose (whether it reached that far is another question) I would sometimes name them with that in mind. Other times a word or phrase would stir my creative juices and the title came before the track.

In truth, I'm not much of a composer and even less of a writer, but there were a few tracks where I'd written lyrics for them and in those cases the title would come from that.

Thank you for greetings and your reply, Spy.

I'm focusing more on techno/tech house production. And i always had this question in my mind ,how do other producers find the suitable title for their song. Usually ,as you said, trying to pick the word out of the lyrics ,which reflects the end purpose of my track.
    Anyway, i hope this topic will be open and more people will join with their stories.

Have a great day.

Hello Pandem,

I myself create EDM. When creating song names I first start with something random. As I start getting further in my production I feel the name comes naturally. If the song is darker I choose darker names, if its a happy melody, something happy! There is no right or wrong, just do what you think is best!

[spamming not allowed - please see rules]
    Last edited by Manu; 12-02-2018 at 07:29 AM.