Thread: Bridging The Gap Between the DDJ 1000 To Club Style Set Up

Bridging The Gap Between the DDJ 1000 To Club Style Set Up

Hey Guys,

Loving the DDJ 1000s at the moment and putting tonnes of practice in. Feel like i'm making progress now. However as I mentioned in a previous post of mine I'm still really struggling to transfer my skills over to the XDJ RX (mate has them) even though I am continuously improving on the DDJ 1000s. Eventually I do want to start getting some bar/club experience but feel like any further practice I do on the DDJ 1000s is going to be counter productive.

So my question is.. to get me as fully prepared as possible for playing in a club am I better off getting the XDJ RX? Would this help me get closer to a club standard set up? Or any other set up recommendations?

Also I want to move away from using the laptop when playing and get used to using USBs.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Jambon; 10-29-2018 at 05:40 PM.

Ok my intention is to have a home set up which is as similar to that of a club set up as I can get, for example the cdj-2000nxs2 with a DJM-900NXS2 mixer (however way out my price range)

I'm looking at the DJM 800 mixer. However does anyone have any recommendations regarding xdj/cdj jog wheels that are similar to that of the cdj-2000nxs2. So I will be familiar with club equipment when I do take the leap for a gig.

Hope this makes sense. Sorry if I wasn't clear first time round.