Thread: Have you purchased used CDJ 's before and has it worked out for you?

Question Have you purchased used CDJ 's before and has it worked out for you?

I'm just looking at buying a couple of used CDJ's from Guitar center or some other well known store.
    I'm wondering if anyone has done this and if they had any issues. I would think that studio use only CDJ's
    would probably hold their value pretty well (if they were not abused). The savings seems worth it for me.
    Anyone have any input to share or recommend?

Thanks.
    Pair of Pioneer CDJ-2000 CD Players, Xone:92 Mixer. Pair of RCF-312A Loudspeakers and 1 RCF 4Pro 8003 18" Sub.

Cue buttons will be almost dead. Mk2's need the ribbon cable replaced inside... Pressure on the top chews into the cable. If you're unlucky these will eventually short with the other cable or itself and fry certain boards.

I've bought/had CDJ-100s' and CDJ-800's used.. no problems, except the loading mechanism got stuck in one of the 100's but I got it fixed. It requires almost stoic degree of patience, took me lots of coffee and nearly a pack of smokes but after studying the mechanism for a while I got it working.

The button plate can be bought as a spare afaik, never had the need for one.. I don't know if they still hold them in stock for the older models though.

I've bought quite a few used Pioneer decks, and it's always worked out fine. But I am super careful with what deals I will go for and what I won't go for... U have to know what to look for.

I bought used CDJ-800s from Craigslist around 2008. One was broken and had to be repaired for ~$300. It kinda worked out, I guess.
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...

Quote Originally Posted by mitchiemasha View Post
    Cue buttons will be almost dead. Mk2's need the ribbon cable replaced inside... Pressure on the top chews into the cable. If you're unlucky these will eventually short with the other cable or itself and fry certain boards.
    That doesn't sound comforting. I'll have to get some brand new ones then it seems.
    Pair of Pioneer CDJ-2000 CD Players, Xone:92 Mixer. Pair of RCF-312A Loudspeakers and 1 RCF 4Pro 8003 18" Sub.