Thread: Behringer VMX1000USB 19" Mixer-Any Thoughts??

Behringer VMX1000USB 19" Mixer-Any Thoughts??

Hello,

Looking to possibly replace a Numark PPD DM1820X that I've been using for mobile gigs over the past 20 years. Would like something a little more current, without having to spend an arm and two legs.

I've been reading some pretty good reviews on the Behringer VMX1000USB, which retails for $199.00. Surprisingly, most people have raved about it. especially for it's sound & build quality.

Can someone weigh in on this? Would like to hear from a jock that not only owns it, but has gigged with it for at least a few years.

My Numark has dedicated Send EFX for each channel, which is a must for me. The Behringer doesn't have that feature, at least from looking at the pics of the front panel. Can someone confirm?

I'm open to other suggestions as well.

Thanks in advance.

Dee

Quote Originally Posted by DeeFresh_37 View Post
    I've been reading some pretty good reviews on the Behringer VMX1000USB, which retails for $199.00. Surprisingly, most people have raved about it. especially for it's sound & build quality.
    Those people probably have no reference point. From what I remember they totally screwed up the gain on the mic channels and you can't actually bring the mic to zero when the master gain is at unity as it should be, and there is a lot of crosstalk between channels meaning you can still hear channel 1 when channel 2 is active for example.
    Paul O'Brien
    Old Tech Guy
    www.Techott.com

The Behringer is not that great. I had one for a while.

Stick with an Allen & Heath Zed10 or similar. Much better audio quality, has the FX sends you're looking for, and is one of the only small format EQ's that has a parametric mid-EQ, which is fantastic for working out feedback in mics.