Thread: Storage, Setup, and Tear down

Storage, Setup, and Tear down

How does everyone store their light setup so that setup and tear down are minimized?

I'm just starting out on the lighting journey and want to get a simple setup that takes 30 minutes or less to setup and tear down. The GigBar series seems to be the only packaged setup that minimizes time for setup and tear down, but I'm hoping that there is a better alternative.

What do you do?
    Jus' admit it. You jealus

Oh no... & he comes back just in time for Halloween.

But, just because he asked, I have a "T" pole with my most popular wedding lights on it. I just remove the horizontal bar from the pole & hang them on heavy duty hooks in my trailer. I bought pillows & screwed them to the wall behind the lights to reduce tapping, vibration, rubbing etc. When I get to an event, I take in the bar & the pole, & just attach the bar to the pole &, I'm done. Just plug the lights into an extension cord.
    1) Contract, Contract, Contract!

2) Join VIP & support DJF: http://www.djforums.com/forums/payments.php

The gig bar and the whole family in the line is great for bang for your buck and quick setup teardown

My go to for medium to largish events is
    2 x movers on a t bar high up (2 of these sets, so 2 stands, 4 movers total)
    And 2 moving wash fixtures on each side (4 total)

Clean, easy to rig with the right clamps, all data and power is daisy chained, and the stand is super easy to move in and out.

You could rig it all and wire up front If your can and the is great. I dont have the room or pack space personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Dix View Post
    But, just because he asked, I have a "T" pole with my most popular wedding lights on it. I just remove the horizontal bar from the pole & hang them on heavy duty hooks in my trailer.
    I'm looking to do the same, but with a storage container instead of hooks. My T bar is 48" wide so finding a box - that is wide enough with wheels and space for pillows - is proving to be a challenge.
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...

I leave all of the cabling in place on the T-bar, or truss, use quick clamps on the lights, and store the lights in Heavy duty storage tubs with padding, and the bars and truss in bags.