Thread: DMX for Chauvet Gigbar 2.0 using software/dongle or controller?

Question DMX for Chauvet Gigbar 2.0 using software/dongle or controller?

Basically I just purchased a Chauvet Gigbar 2 for my mobile setup and pretty new to the DMX world. I've used the foot controller and IRC remote live, but now looking for a little more control (without having to constantly point the remote at the lights behind me). It's dimming features on the remote are also pretty limited. Lights are WAY too bright even for a medium sized bar.

Right now I'm trying to configure the usb to dmx ADJ myDMXBuddy dongle with the ADJ myDMX 2.0 software. Going through the gigbar's manual seems pretty straight forward with channel setups (listed below). So here's my confusion... Once I drop the SSL2 file into the software it automatically loads the correct channels for each fixture. 2 pars, 2 derbys, a laser, and strobe etc. Then on the fixture itself, you have to set the address for either 3, 11, or 23 channel mode between d001 and d510 . So for example I want to utilize 23CH mode. I first have to select between d001 and d490 on the fixture, then select 23 channel mode. So what is the correct number to select between d001-d490? I've tried selecting at random and nothing seems to work? Sometimes random lights, but I'm clearly doing something wrong.

23CH (d001–d490)
    11CH (d001–d502)
    3-CH (d001–d510).

If not software... What would be a good physical controller for this device to utilize all it's features and get the most scenes/chases? (chauvet obey 10, 40, etc...)
    If all else fails, I'll suck it up and stick to the remote

For full control of the event bar it has to be set to 23 channel mode, then set its starting address to D001 and make sure the software is also programmed to access this fixture starting at address 001.
    Paul O'Brien
    Old Tech Guy
    www.Techott.com

Assuming this is the only fixture you are running, set the DMX channel to 1, make sure you set it in the software as well.

The DMX channel is used to identify the fixture to the software or controller. According to the manual if you hover over the fixture it will show you the address.

If you had multiple GB2's then the first one would be d001, the second would be d024, third would be d047, etc.
    Last edited by shoot summ; 09-29-2018 at 04:49 PM.

Thanks for the info! Figured out I needed to upgrade the ADJ software to 2.1.. Wasn't working specifically with 2.0. Thought it was weird it wasn't working on address d001 before. All good now!